Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax in Object Dependency

former_member194575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help on following things. I tried searching for this but could not really get any help. I am looking for exact syntax to achieve this.

1. I want to restrict characteristic value to be entered. Only certain range should be allowed. It should be between <= 'X' and >= 'Y'.

2. I have characteristic (ch_price) with SDCOM-VKOND reference. I want to assign a value to this characteristic. It takes when I mention the value like this '4000' for example. But it throws a syntax error when I assign a value from other characteristic ($self.ch_price = ch_val). Also the value is getting assigned when I queried the variant table but not sure how to assign a value from other characteristic.

Though it is bit similar to ABAP coding it is really confusing for me. Appreciate your help !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions Ravi and Ritesh.

1. Yes. I had created the value with ranges in characteristics. It is working fine.

2. I have managed this with Variant functions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanthi Kumar Juluru,

1) Instead of dependency you can setup range on characterstic itself to accept the reange , Create characterstic in CT04 with format numeric and setup Interval values allowed.

2) issue ($self.ch_price = ch_val) not working could be result of format mismatch between CH_Price and CH_Value.

Hope it may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi Kumar,

for 1) if your values are X = 100 and Y = 300

1) Create the characteristic with values 0 -100  and 300 - 999999

2) for setting up defaults use below syntax refer the link for more details

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, <characteristic>, <string>)

Setting Default Values with Procedures - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

-

Ravikumar B