cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Notes, Notifications, Qualifications in FIORI for People Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mentors,

I know there are ways to hide FIORI App elements through SAP RIVER or SAP WEB IDE, however is there any way to hide Notifications, Notes or any other field from backend through R/3?

I would like to hide fields as reflecting in the screen shot.

Looking forward for you answers.

Regards

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Extensibility Information about individual apps can be found by going to the Fiori Apps Library > All apps and searching for your app by name.

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F1382')

On the Implementation Information tab you will find the Extensibility section and a link to Extensibility help in the SAP Library for that app.

For People Profile, the BADI to hide/amend the user interface sections is listed there along with all the relevant user interface section types including Notes.

P.S. SAP RIVER is no longer a name that is used.  SAP Web IDE is the correct name for the recommended development environment for Fiori apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jocelyn,

Thank you for your timely response. I checked this BADI HCM_B_PEP_PROF for people profile in R/3 however was not able to find anything deeper in it.

I would like to ask App Extensibility has to be done at the back end by using this badi HCM_B_PEP_PROF or we need to use SAP Web IDE. If latter is the only solution here then can you please help me with any Step By Step document or link referring to which I can do APP extensibility using SAP Web IDE and from where will I able to download SAP Web IDE and is it chargeable?

Please help!

Regards

Ritesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was able to achieve my requirement of hiding fields in People profile with the help of BADI HCM_B_PEP_PROF.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Regards

Ritesh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok so the BADI I suggested originally was the correct answer then. Good to know.

Olivier2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Did you check this blog ?

Regards,
Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Yes, I did check this blog and found a bit tedious to install SAP Web IDE. My concern is do we need to purchase this software as this will really be a concern for me to convince my client at this stage and if we can do it on trial version then what will be the implications for the same.

I was looking for a way to hide elements without using SAP Web IDE through BADI.

Could you help here?

Regards

Ritesh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

Best not to install Web IDE - better to use the HCP Web IDE version. The local version is significantly out of date and not recommended for production work.

Regardless my reading of the Extensibility documentation is that your aim should be achievable via the BADI.  If you can't figure out how to use the BADI to do this, please raise a SAP Message to get more detailed guidance.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jocelyn for your valuable inputs, I raised to SAP and they replied the same thing that I can achieve this with the help of Web IDE

Regards

Ritesh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok then you need to talk to your management about getting a subscription licence to HCP Web IDE for the purpose of extending Fiori Apps. 

You find out more about that here:   

You might want to try out the free trial option in the meantime to understand the difference if you haven't already done so.