cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create cust info record for a raw material

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to mention that I have already searched this forum for the solution of my present problem but though there are many posts with a similar problem as mine but there seems to be none with the exact  problem I have at present. So I couldn't find a solution hence I am writing this question. And still if I have missed any post with the exact same problem as mine's,I request you to please share the link with me.

Now to the problem I faced .... I have created a few materials ,some are are FERT & some are ROH. When I try to create cust info record for FERT items ,it is easily allowing me to create the record since FERT items have "Sales" views but in case of Raw materials (ROH) I don't have the corresponding "Sales" views in Mat. Master. Even if I try to add the "Sales" views using Tcode MM50 it is not allowing me to do so.

Hence whenever I try to create the 'customer-info-record' using Tcode VD51 for Raw materials (ROH),I am getting the following error -

"material in sales organization, distribution channel is not defined"

Please suggest a solution to the above problem.

Thanks                                                                                                  

With Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajat, you gave the answer in your post. Please make this clear that you cannot create customer material info record unless or until the material which you're entering is extended for a particular sales organization and distribution channel.

in case of Raw materials (ROH) I don't have the corresponding "Sales" views in Mat. Master. Even if I try to add the "Sales" views using Tcode MM50 it is not allowing me to do so.

Now can you please confirm if sales view is selected for your ROH material type in IMG customization if not then you need to do the settings accordingly only then you can extend your ROH materials for sales views and after that try creating records in VD51. In case you need any help on this, feel free to ask. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

I think that is oms2 screen. I checked the views there for ROH material type and selected the 'Sales View' .Then I went to MM02 to select the sales view but there I cannot include the sales view. Nor I can include the "sales view" by MM50!

Then what is the use of going to OMS2 & including the "Sales View"?

So Sir, please tell me the process to include sales view.

Thanking you,

With Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you got that right it's OMS2 screen and after doing this configuration, you need to go to MM01 to extend the material for sales view and then maintain the necessary fields. I'm not sure as if you're aware of how to extend material, if not take help of MM consultant for this. Material views will always be created from MM01 by giving reference material as existing one as mentioned below. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thank You Mr. Rehman. My problem is solved.

But I have a few questions ,if you know the answer plz let me know -

1)Instead of the above method can we not use the Tcode OMWW & enable the sales view?

2)Can we also use the MMAM tcode to add a sales view to a Raw material? If Yes ,plz tell me how to do that ?

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajat, bear with me for the late response.

1)Instead of the above method can we not use the Tcode OMWW & enable the sales view?

Yes you can use OMWW wizard to define the attributes of material types.

2)Can we also use the MMAM tcode to add a sales view to a Raw material? If Yes ,plz tell me how to do that ?

MMAM is used to convert the material from one type to another. It's not for extension on views. Suppose you want to change ROH material to FERT one so you'll use this T-code and there are certain prerequisites to do that. Refer to below mentioned link for further clarification, feel free to ask in case of any confusion. Thanks.

SAP123 - HOWTO change the Materials Type of a material master

Answers (0)