Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic SAP_PP_002 Planned Orders

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In SAP APO PPDS we have the production plan previously set by the company, daily I execute the Heuristic SAP_PP_002 in order to attend new sales orders when the process orders are not sufficient to meet them, in this case the system must generate planned orders.

We have the following case in which we do not receive new sales orders and the system creates new planned orders:

START                            AVAILABLE                TYPE                             QUANTITY      AVAILABLE

DATE                               DATE                          DOCUMENT

29.MAR.2016         01.APR.2016          ProcOrd (L)                 1,000                1,000

01.APR.2016          Sales Order                   900                   100

07.APR.2016          Sales Order                  200                  -100

05.APR.2016         08.APR.2016           ProcOrd (L)              1,000                   900

13.APR.2016         15.APR.2016           ProcOrd (L)                1,000                1,900

20.APR.2016         22.APR.2016           ProcOrd (L)                1,000                2,900

27.APR.2016         29.APR.2016           ProcOrd (L)                1,000                3,900

If we execute the heuristic SAP_PP_002 the system generates the following planned order:

07.APR.2016        07.APR.2016           PlanOrd                       100                       0

We can care the sales order of 200 units for 07.APR.2016 with the process order that starts 05/APR/2016

We can not change the date and amount of process orders because it is a plan previously established by the company, only we can create new planned orders

What I can do to make the system does not generate the planned order of 07.APR.2016?

Maybe we have to execute other heuristic, what heuristic we have to execute?

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnulfo,

In the Product Master, Demand tab, pegging subtab, what do you have in the field 'Maximum Earliness of a receipt'?  Maximum lateness?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I made some test with differents values (48:00 - 100,000:00) and I got the same result

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnulfo,

I made some test with differents values (48:00 - 100,000:00) and I got the same result

Are you are saying that, using the above example, and with your setting in the product master for 'Maximum lateness' experimentally set to 100,000:00, that you still get the additional Planned order under SAP_PP_002?

If so, perform the following:

1. set the maximum lateness to 100,000:00,

2. delete all planned orders;

3. run the heuristic,

4. display two screenshots after the heuristic run: one of the elements tab in //RRP3 and one of the pegging overview tab in //RRP3.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49 & Asim,

The issue is solved with the parameters  Alert Threshold for Earliness   and   Alert Threshold for Lateness

The parameters  Maximum Earliness of a Receipt  and  Maximum Lateness of a Receipt  donot solve the issue

2010195 - Avoid surplus receipts in PPDS planning by setting Alert Threshold in product master

I really appreciate your help

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnulfo,

Let us take the perspective of the planning engine. Why should it create a new order? Only when demand is not met. But why is demand not met even though we have the process orders. It is because demand (in this case sales orders) and supply (proc orders) are not correctly pegged. So the system will create a new supply element to meet  the demand. And how will the system establish the relationship? It will be through pegging.

For experimentation purposes go to the pegging tab in the product master and Peg the sales order with a proc order and run the heuristics. There will be no new planned order.

As suggested by DB above, check the parameters Maximum earliness of receipt and maximum lateness as well. Values in these two fields will drive the pegging.

Also regenerate the planning file entries for the material using transaction /n/SAPAPO/RRP_NETCH. At the bottom of the screen there is a check box "create pegging area". Select it. This will make sure that the demand and supply elements are in the same pegging area thereby helping system perform net calculations correctly.

Let us know the result. If you find this reply helpful do assign appropriate points.

Thanks,

Asim

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asim,

With the current  production plan I can attend the requirements and the pegging is right , but the issue is for example if I have a requitement of 100 units  for the 28 April and I have a production order of 300 units that starts 27 April and finishes 29 April, with this production order I will be able to attend the requirement because I produce 100 units per day, but due to the production order finishes the 29 april if I execute de Heuristic SAP_PP_002 the system generates other production order for 100 units that will finish the 28 April

How I can to avoid this situation?

I executed transaction  /N/SAPAPO/RRP_NETCH  but I got the same issue

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel