Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging issues

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there!

We have been examining the MC_LOGS table and found a couple of interesting things going on:

1. This is probably the easiest one -- Is there a limit on the size of the log stored in the Base64 encrypted LOG_DATA column? We were looking at a couple of the entries with many Warnings and Errors and the log was cut off? Or might this have been because we had exceeded the XML error logging limit and the stream just cut?  any thoughts?

2. Is there a difference between the data stored in LOG_DATA and JOB_PATH? When we examined the information in these two columns we found that they had different time stamps? You'll see that the database stored version is older than the XML version. Is it that the log file is moved from the database to the file system? As the statistics are different between the two logs, I'm inclined to believe that these are different executions of the job.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have on these issues.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

On 1.

How long is the text before it cuts off?

Normally the standard text fields in database have some limits. E.g. for MS SQL server it is holds a string with a maximum length of 65,535 characters. What is your database in this case?

And you are right the encoding also changes the resulting number of characters

Haven't investigated 2.

Best wishes,

Fedya

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fedya,

I don't think that matters so much since the field is Base64 encrypted, which shrinks the size of the file. But it's marked as a text field in the database which is according to Microsoft is defined as:

text  

Variable-length non-Unicode data in the code page of the server and with a maximum string length of 2^31-1 (2,147,483,647). When the server code page uses double-byte characters, the storage is still 2,147,483,647 bytes. Depending on the character string, the storage size may be less than 2,147,483,647 bytes.

Per this link.

Thanks,

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did just see this. I wonder if it's a line limit issue?