cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check in the storage bin

former_member183610
Active Contributor

Dear Gurus,

I have one query with capacity check against the storage bin, If we activate the capacity check as per key figure either product ,packaging material 'or' both, system can check weight 'or' volume.

Now I want go with the volume check.

Here , i have cubic bins with the Edge Length = 1 foot  and volume is '1 cubic foot'.

If , i try to store a cylindrical shape product with base radius 0.51 foot & height 1.1 foot with the volume 0.90 ( approx)  cubic foot, system can allow as per the volume check , since product volume is less than the bin volume.

But, in real, that product can not fit in the bin.

Is there any provision to over come this kind of scenarios ?

Best Regards

C K REDDY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

"If we activate the capacity check as per key figure either product ,packaging material 'or' both, system can check weight 'or' volume."

Not sure if I understand you right - but this is not the way it works.

You can use a capacity check as per key figure. Yes.

You can check against weight, or volume, or weight + volume.

Not sure if both works together (capacity check as per key figure AND weight / volume) - and actually I do not think that it makes sense.

But of course a volume check does not take into account the dimensions. Because you do not want to wait until that has happened.

There is a possibility that the system uses the dimensions. During slotting the system can assign a bin type based on the dimensions of the material and the dimensions entered in the bin type. So there is no real check during putaway, but a bin type is assigned and this bin type will be used for putaway.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub