cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF for Global Variable PO 7.4 Java Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement to store a global date variable that would be used across multiple mappings within the same software component.  I need to access this date variable every time the integration is ran to determine if a record needs to be updated based on date parameters and then finally update the variable with the latest date to be used when the integration is ran again.

I've looked in SCN for possible solutions and have not found any that work.  I investigated the Global Container but I was not able to get this working.

Can anyone provide me with a UDF code example that I could use?

Much appreciated,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

In a clustered environment, and considering possible system restarts that will cause loss of variables' values stored in server nodes memory, I don't think that will be feasible without persistence of your required date variable content in a persistence layer. We had recent discussion about similar requirement (just in that case, the requirement was to iterate sequence number consistently) - you may want to have a look at .

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for replying!

I did consider this being an issue for just that reason.  It's probably best I do a lookup to a DB table that stores this value or a proxy call to a SAP table.

Any recommendations?

Thanks again,

Dave

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dave, calls to external systems will impact overall execution time of such mapping, so from performance perspective, it will be faster if this kind of data is stored locally in PI. If performance is not such critical, then an alternative with using lookup to an external system can be considered.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

Definitely agree!

I'm looking at potentially performing a DB lookup on a local PI table - if this is feasible.  Would prefer this to an external call from PI.

Thanks,

Dave