cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Zone Hierarchies BW Extractor Inconsistencies 0SCM_TM_TRAZONE_HIER

0 Kudos

Greetings,

We are using Business Content extractor 0SCM_TM_TRAZONE_HIER to retrieve the transportation zones hierarchy from TM.

There are some discrepancies between the extractor results and what can be displayed in the transportation zones hierarchies’ transactions. Hence, we end up with inconsistencies in the hierarchy.

Below are the steps to reproduce the issue in our system

Launch transaction RSA3 Extractor checker

• In the data source field, enter 0SCM_TM_TRAZONE_HIER
  • Execute the transaction
  • For segment Node, we apply some filters to retrieve the hierarchy for node name GAMMA

We can see that GAMMA belongs to 2 path

• GAMMA > LAMDA > DELTA (NEW PATH )
  • GAMMA > BETA > ALPHA (OLD PATH)

This is not allowed in our design and causes some errors in the hierarchy extraction to BI because this is a duplicate entry.

After investigation with the TM analyst, we find out that the path GAMMA > BETA > ALPHA is obsolete and was deleted and then it was replaced by GAMMA > LAMDA > DELTA.

Let’s check the setup in TM:

Launch transaction /SCTM/ZONE_LOCATIONS

• Choose Directly included locations
  • For transportation zone LAMDA, we can see customer GAMMA
  • For transportation zone BETA, we do not see GAMMA

Launch transaction /SCTM/ZONE

• Choose Directly included locations
  • For transportation zone LAMDA, we can see customer GAMMA
  • For transportation zone BETA, we do not see GAMMA

Why is the extractor retrieving the old and new paths? Is there anything missing to set the old path to obsolete so that the extractor no longer extract it?

The class used during extraction is /SCMTMS/CL_EXTR_TZONE_HIER_SRV. I believe there is an error in the methods being called to build the hierarchy structure, but before raising an OSS I would like to check with the gurus if there is any other place where we would need to delete our OLD PATH, or if we can run any consistency checks to get rid of the old path.

Thanks for your help, best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Solved by myself by running report:

/SCMTMS/SHDB_FILL_MD_TABLES

reference:

Answers (0)