Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG Business Cat Role not exists as given in the Fiori Libs

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had to install a Std Fiori App for "Display G/L Account Balances" . I got the details of roles from the below link.

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F0707')/W10

The PFCG Business Role for Catalog is given as SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT.

However when i see in PFCG , there is no role with the name "SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT" which exists. Also all the PFCG Business catalog role ideally should have BCR in their naming convention which is missing here.

But when i checked the role "SAP_SFIN_BCR_GLACCOUNTANT" in PFCG tcode and assigned the authorizations for this role , I could see the above application "Display G/L Account Balances" in the launchpad. Does'nt this means that the PFCG Business Catalog role for this application is given wrongly in the fiori library as per the above screenshot.

Its the same problem with number of other applications in the same business catalog . Am I overlooking something here??

Regards

Amber

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My main concern in the above question is for the same app , why do i see mismatch in the roles in the below screenshots(1st screenshot is from official fiori lib site and 2nd is from help.sap for the same app.

Whether I have the required components installed or not is secondary but first thing I want to get clarified is that for this particular app , which business catalog role pfcg is required to be applied as per the below screenshots. (SAP_SFIN_BCR_GLACCOUNTANT or SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT)  and why the below 2 screenshots are not showing the same PFCG business catalog role for this app. That is my main confusion.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why 2 different roles are mentioned in the 2 links you pointed out. I would however still follow the app reference library link Fiori Apps Library and go with the role SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT for this app.

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply. My basis person checked that all the above notes are in place. Now when i check in PFCG , the  role SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT does not exist.

So not sure what the issue is.

However the strange thing is when i assign SAP_SFIN_BCR_GLACCOUNTANT role (from the other link App Implementation: Display G/L Account Balances - SAP Fiori for SAP Simple Finance, On-Premise Edit...) , then the tile for this app is shown along with the catalog for GL account.I am really not getting this behaviour at all.

Also one thing I noticed is all roles for business catalog are expected to have BCR in their names (stands for Business Catalog Roles) whereas in the name above SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT its just BR. So is this the reason that this role is not a catalog related role. If anyone is able to see SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT role in PFCG in their system , then we can conclude that indeed something is missing in my system

Thanks & Regards

Amber

0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Are you installed all necessary components?

Regards,

Ram

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yep , I guess otherwise how is the app work sucessfully on assigning the role "SAP_SFIN_BCR_GLACCOUNTANT".

Regards

Amber

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you implementing Fiori for Business Suite or SAP S/4 HANA version of the Display G/L Account Balances app?

Also have you checked and implemented the relevant SAP Notes mentioned here - 2058320 - Release Information Note: Display G/L Account Balances

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I am using Business Suite