cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 500 internal server error in HTTP - RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured for HTTP-RFC and when i send data from 3rd party system with the help of url for http sender, it gives HTTP 500 internal server error. I am getting this error on 3rd party system.

I am using the following url

http://SAPDEV03:8000/sap/xi/adapter_plain?namespace=http%3A//sap.com/xi/OilPRAInterfaces&interface=B...

I have entered PISUPER log on details in sicf transaction in PI so that it wont prompt for id and pw and thats why i removed id and pw from the url also.

Is it because the 3rd party system not registerd in sld properly ?

I got the response ok with the HTTP client testing tool.

help would be really appreciated

Thanks,

k s reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The HTTP code 500 indicates internal error in your application.

Check on to the stacktrace in

<local drive>:\usr\sap\XXX\YYY\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

check note number 804124 at service.sap.com

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri Doss ,

In this case do i see any error messagein RWB or sxmb_moni ?

Thanks,

ks reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

if the third party and the R/3 system are in separate landscape then u might wanna change the

http://SAPDEV03 with IP address of the XI server.

i have to make this change coz my sender n receiver are in separate landscape

also u can't monitor sender HTTP adapter in MONI or RWB as they r based on Java stack

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the error is triggered at AE/IE then i can be viewed in RWB/moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Plain HTTP adapter runs on the ABAP stack. Hence, it is better to look at the SXMB_MONI for further clues on why the message failed.

First thing is to see if the message reached the XI Integration Engine, by checking in the SXMB_MONI.

If you can see the message there, then it will also show the error reason in the trace.

Warm regards,

Venki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Venkitesh

>>The Plain HTTP adapter runs on the ABAP stack. Hence, it is better to look at the SXMB_MONI

its not possible to monitor sender HTTP adapter in MONI,coz its on ABAP stack(as u said) and AE is based on Java stack,its for the same reason that u cant monitor sender IDOC adapter too in MONI

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

In this case, Srinivas seems to be sending a HTTP message from an external application to XI. I got this hint from the URL he is using. The external application is getting a HTTP 500 response from XI. It is definitely possible to monitor this on SXMB_MONI. The message further goes to an RFC through RFC adapter. Hence, it switches from the ABAP to the Java stack, and you will have to go to the RWB and look at the Adapter engine monitor to view the message flow further.

Srinivas, is my understanding of your scenario correct?

Regards,

Venki

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is in Integration Engine you can view the error message in RWB and also in Tcode - sxmb_moni.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Venkitesh

had he been getting any errors in response it would have been possible to monitor in MONI,but since he is getting in request,its not possible

HTTP 500 is an error caused at the Web Server side. Any http connection happens in 4 steps:

1) Obtain the IP address from the URL - provied by DNS

2) Open Ip Socket for that IP

3) Use this socket to write data

4) Receive data stream back from the server.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

So the error (HTTP 500) is returned as part of the response stream (step 4), as I understand it. Am I correct?

And, in this case, it is returned by the Web AS ABAP stack.

Warm regards,

Venki

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

yeah,as far as i understand,he is getting error in the sender system(which is outside his landscape i guess),and he is unable to send the messages coz the URL is not correct.

once the messages comes into XI and then any error happens(mapping errors or any other error),he will definitely be able to see it in MONI/RWB

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I am getting the error in the sender system. I have a doubt that the message is not reacing PI itself. I dont see any messages in sxmb_moni when i send the data from 3rd party application system but i can see the data when i send it from HTTP cleint tool.

can yu plz check whether my url is correct or not and how to make confirm that the TS and BS created in sld for the 3rd party application system r correct and working properly.

when i test from HTTP client i am getting the response code as ok. when i compare with the response file from the BC it has data for the other fields but the response in HTTP client has just OK code and i dont see the data for other fields.

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I have the third party and the R/3 system in seperate landscape. Do i need to go with ip address rather than the name of the host sapdev03 ?

Thanks,

k s reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

which HTTP client ur using to send the data,if its the one u got from sdn,then u need to open that in IE and provide ur credentials and then browse the fiel and hit send button,u should get HTTP response code 200,also make sure that u dont see the small yellow exclamation mark in the bottom of the webpage of client.

the TS abd BS for third party will be configured as a simple third party system.

u dont have to do anything specific there.

yes u have to give the IP address rather than the server name,coz from outside it wont recognise the server name.

i m pretty sure that message are not reaching PI at all

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I have the 3rd party system in another landscape, so in the url i will go with IP address and when i enter the url in the third party system, the oracle could not understand the & sign and it is changing it to substring.

How can i handle the url in the oracle system, it will underst the given format or do i need another.

Thnks

k s reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

y are u providing the URL in Oracle,see the server which is gonna send the file to RFC,u have to specify the URL over there.

thanx

ahmad