cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue while assigning authorization to PPM item under 'Miscellaneous' tab

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While assigning authorization to PPM item under miscellaneous tab I am getting an error saying "the specified authorization change is forbidden":

Could you please tell me how can I fix this issue?

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Your screenshot shows the error message but not what you are trying to do. Please provide some details so that it is possible to understand what is happening: e.g. did you select a user (this field is empty in the screenshot)? does the user already have an authorization and you are trying to change it? etc.

Best Regards,
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

Thanks for your response.

Under Miscellaneous tab -> Authorizations tab-> Add button-> I tried to add resources here.

I selected the resource-> Gave him authorization (read/write/etc) and -> Click 'Assign' -> With that I got the error "The specified authorization change is forbidden"

Please let me know if you need some more information.

Best Regards

Saurabh

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

This behaviour occurs when your user (who is attempting to add the authorization for another user) itself does not have "Admin" authorization for the item. According to the program design only administrators can assign authorizations to other users.

Depending on the exact scenario (e.g. if you use "Add" or "Add Multiple", what kind of authorization you are assigning etc) you may get either error message "The specified authorization change is forbidden" or error message "The user XYZ is not authorized to change the specified authorizations" when trying to do so.

Best regards,
Francesco

Answers (0)