Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Recorder

DOT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but we need a app to record the screen of an apple device and save it as video file for demo purposes. Could somebody please help us?

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I would suggest you to use iTools. You can record the activity you are performing on your iPad/iPhone and you can also create a video file.

Its really easy to use and to share your screen when doing demo and all.

Thanks

Ajitesh

DOT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitesh,

If I'm searchign in the appstore for iTools I can see many apps and the most are file manager. Except one named iTools collection, where a app is included named iScreen. Is it this one you meant?

Still I'm searching for a free tool or a tool which is used at SAP for such purposes.

AirServer is great, but not free.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Do not search this in appstore. search in your system's browser. Install it in your system and connect your iPad/iPhone to your system.

you can google how to use iTools and screen sharing.

Its a free software so you can use it.

Thanks

Ajitesh

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There are several off the shelf solutions for this.  All you need is a MAC and Quicktime player.  Probably should go to the Apple Developer site as I am sure they can make a few recommendations if you can't find one on Google.

Regards,

Kevin

DOT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thank you, but I meant from a mobile device like an iPhone or iPad. I didn't find any recording tool for free. Not on google and not on our SAP mobile pages. I thought anybody of SAP should have such a tool. We bought AirServer privatly now, which fits our needs.

Regards,

Daniel

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I also use AirServer if I need that capability from iOS or there are a number of Android solutions out there as well.

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

--Bill