cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate MWST from gross price PR01

0 Kudos

Hi,

i try to build pricing procedure that will be able to calculate tax and net amount from gross amount. Scenario is that we will receive data from external system with gross value and tax rate (percentage). Using BAPI for sales order creation we want to pass this gross value to PR01 condition type and then calculate tax and net amount based on it.

I have checked standard pricing procedure RVAB02 - Standard - Gross Prices and i tried it (also by copying and changing some conditions) but i'm still unable to see tax calculated from gross. It is e.g. calculated in MWST condition but from gross = base amount and then of course it is higher.

I'd appreciate some guidance with it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karwacki, can you please share the screenshots of your pricing schema against which you're facing the issue. What's the requirement assigned at that step? Please share every bit of info related to your query for better suggestion. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi, please find attached screenshot. I try to find out how in which condition step net should be calculated from gross but i couldn't find it. But of course MWST is to finally gets tax value correctly.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have one more condition with Calculation type as Percent and maintain condition record with 100%.  Now place this condition type above MWST, set From step number as 10 against this and assign routine 164 under Condition base value

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi, I did as you said. The problem is that MWST is calculating tax value based on base amount = gross. So nothing changed in that respect. I would like SAP to calculate it similarily to e.g. module 'CALCULATE_TAX_FROM_GROSSAMOUNT'. Hope you get my point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please bear with me for the questions which i'm going to ask now.

In which condition you're passing the gross value against your pricing schema as you need to pass the value to PB00 or Z* condition that would be a copy of PB00 which will be total price inclusive of tax because from screenshot i'm unable to understand that in which condition you're passing your gross amount?

Do you want tax calculation as an example mentioned below?

gross amount inclusive tax = 100

tax (condition MWST) = 17%

calculation of tax would be 100/(100%+17%)*17% = 14.53

price w/o tax = 100 - 14.53 = 85.47

If like this then you need to go for backward pricing calculation. To get the tax calculation done correctly i would appreciate if you please delete all unnecessary steps from the pricing schema and just start with 1st level i.e; one condition for gross other for tax and one to copy that condition value as suggested above my Mr. Lakshmipathi. Try this and feel free to ask in case you need further help on this. Thanks.