cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Change Hotkeys (at least some)

vwegert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've decided to give the new Business Client 6 a try, in exchange for the SAP GUI I've been using so far. There's a slight problem with some hotkeys that I noticed almost immediately. In SAP GUI dialog fields, you can use Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right to navigate the contents of the field by jumping backwards of forwards to the previous/next word. I actually use these hotkeys a lot. In the NWBC, they do something entirely different: Move the tabs around (which is cool too, but not what I expected). Is there a way to re-map the hotkeys?

Thanks

Volker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Volker, hi everyone,

NWBC 5.0 and BC 6.0 use the same NwbcOption.xml files (1 for User, 1 for Admin) and evaluate all the settings that they support.

So BC 6 should evaluate the hotkeys too.

Are you saying that the hotkeys are working in NWBC 5, but not in BC6?

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

vwegert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Julie,

sorry, it took a while to try this out. I can't comment on NWBC5, but here is what I did:

• Checked the user config file location in the BC6 settings
  • Copied the NwbcOptions.xml.template to that path, removing the .template suffix
  • Uncommented the <Nwbc40Commands> start tag
  • Uncommented the last command (SelectPreviousTab) and mapped it to some nonsensical value (Key = D, Modifiers = Control, Alt, Shift)
  • Saved file and restarted BC6
  • Checked the hotkey list in the Help menu - no change
  • Tried the new hotkey - didn't work

So apparently, BC6 either isn't interpreting these settings, or it's not reading the file at all. I tend to believe that it's ignoring the file altogether, because when I enter some random garbage that turns it into an invalid XML file, BC6 doesn't even throw an error message on startup.

Best regards

Volker Wegert

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Volker, I've made exactly the same tests your describing and it works. Be careful you have to uncomment the whole blog - currently it is gray. We'll have to change that with the next patch. Please try it again. Info: Configuration with NwbcOptions.xml To predefine settings for all end-users, you have to adapt the XML template ( *xml.template) under the following path and save it as an XML file ( *.xml): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml.template for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml.template for all other operating systems........ https://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/4c/5bdad097817511e10000000a42189b/content.htm Regards, Sandra

vwegert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

it still doesn't work for me, and I've run into a number of additional issues with the XML parsing, error handling and especially the remote options handling which appears to be seriously broken. I've raised an incident (133415/2016) since this has come to a point where it's actually blocking a current project - hopefully we'll be able to find a resolution quickly.

Best regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same problems Volker describes. I did some additional digging:

• Installed current Patchlevel for SAPBC (PL 7) --> no change
  • Put the NwbcOptions.xml into my appdata path --> all changes from the SingleOptions sectionare taken but Nwbc40Commands is completely ignored
  • Put the NwbcOptions.xml to a network share and direct the SAPBC admin config file to that path --> no change
  • Checked the corresponding .xsd file in the templates folder against my current configuration --> The node <Nwbc40Commands> is not defined in the .xsd file. Is that correct?

Best regards

Michael Biber

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least for my problem I found the solution. The section for alternating the key bindings is only evaluated if there is a NwbcOptions.xml-file in the same folder as the template (C:\ProgramData\... in recent systems). It is NOT evaluated when activated in the file located in the users appdata folder (%appdata%\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm faced the same problems as Volker mentioned.. The default hotkeys prevents me from using SE80 at known productivity. I was too lazy to investigate this issue any further but in my opinion a smarter default is necessary. I can't see the benefit for switching the open tabs in NWBC 6 with CTRL+Left and CTRL+Right.

I'll be glad if this concern will be fixed (maybe an easy configuration dialog?) in the next patchlevels.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Sonnabend

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd say the hotkeys for switching tabs should be the same as for example in Excel: Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that might be a good preset.

florian_lusch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

it's possible in NWBC 4.0 and 5.0 - have a look at C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml.template.

At the bottom of the file you can find informations about changing the hotkeys.

Regards,

Florian

vwegert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

apparently that file no longer exists with version 6.

Perhaps Julie Plummer would like to comment...?

Thanks

Volker

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florian, please have a look at the Set-Up-Document: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90feb2c9-a179-3310-1fbf-89dc5a2b4... Regards, Sandra