cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaialability check issue in schedule line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement of blocking certain amount of stock from a line item. It should not confirm stock for the blocked amount and delivery should be possible for the remaining quantity of the line item.

For this I am splitting the schedule line in 2 parts- the 1st line contains the blocked quantity ( but requirement should be passed) and a delivery block is set at this line. The second line item is kept for quantity confirmation.

However system seems to be confirming stock for the blocked line as well. is it a standard behavior? The block has the tick for blocking confirmation..

I have also tried replacing the MRP relevant schedule line category in change mode with CN, however there seems to be no change and Co09 still shows the line items.

Please provide your expert guidance.

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

You haven't mentioned the business requirement.  For certain business requirements, some companies will exclude Safety Stock from the availability check in the scope of check configuration (OVZ9).   This means that stock can be on hand, but the entry in the Safety stock field in the material master will contain a quantity of stock that is not available for confirmations.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the business requirement is as follows-

On running of sales campaign, there could be surge in the order intake, there could be cases where customers order for quantities far more than their normal buying average, this could lead to non availability of stock for other customers.

Hence as an intermediate activity, we would like to block the schedule line for certain quantity, which will be released in the month end when separate PO's are raised for these blocked items..

Please explain to me why the standard behavior, why is it that the schedule line are confirming stock even  when there is a delivery block.

Also when we are changing the default schedule line category with CN, CN also seems to be confirming stock

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to OVB8 req. 101 for system behaviour.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One easy option would be execute MB1B with movement type 344 and input the required quantity to be blocked for that material.  By doing so, you can see this quantity in MMBE under "Blocked".  When you want to post the goods issue for this also, you can reverse with movement type 343

G. Lakshmipathi

loganathan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Along with the confirmation block, Go to OVZJ and activate the Fixed date and Qty Indicator for the respective sale area and check

Regards

Logan