Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete delivery on order level

susan_su2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is it possible to have complete delivery applies to the whole sales order?  I thought the flag "complete delivery" work this way, but just find it only controls complete delivery on item level.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Susan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Susan, these are my findings for your scenario. I've checked complete delivery required field in customer master and set partial delivery allowed to C which is only complete delivery allowed and the same has been proposed in sales order. In sales order i've 3 line items while delivery creation then i deleted 2 line items by remaining on VL01N screen and clicked on PGI to do it for single line item. System prompted a warning message at this time and the number is Message no. VL049 this is a standard behavior of the system which has been explained well in OSS Note 1895857 - Different behavior of message VL049. Now i've tried creating delivery in background and the system prompted an error message with the same Message no. VL049. I believe your requirement is somewhat similar to the below mentioned thread and for that you've to go for delivery group option. Please refer to the same and in case of any further assistance, please feel free to ask. Let me know if i missed something. Thanks.

Partial delivery for a sales order with two items-

susan_su2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ineffable,

Thanks a lot for the explanation.  Yes it works the same like you said: complete delivery for the entire order works if DN is created background (no DN is created if there is any unconfirmed qty).  Warning message VL049 is issued if DN is created on line via VL10a.

Now I understand how standard SAP works.  Thanks again Ineffable for help!

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to hear that you've understood how system works. Feel free to ask in case you need any further clarification on this. Thanks and stay blessed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susan,

It does refer to the entire order, if you select at the header level.

Best Regards,

DB49

susan_su2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

I did check the box "complete dlv". on header and Complete delivery on item level as "C". (copied from customer master.  Also I set message VL062 to be error message Still I can create delivery for the items with stock and ignore the one without stock or with partial stock.

Did you test with your system and does it work?  e.g.  1st item pass atp check and 2nd item fail.  What is the confirmed qty for 1st item. Any config. change?  What is your version?  Mine is ECC 6.0. 

Thanks.

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susan,

???  You never mentioned anything about stock in your original post.

I first came across this functionality in R/3 3.1H (it might have been there earlier, IDK), and it has been in every version I have worked on since then.

First I am going to assume that all items in this order are relevant for availability checking.  Please confirm.

Now, let's start with the order, which is the thing that you want to change.  You should not have any items in this order with partial confirmations.  Stock is irrelevant.

Do you have items in this order with partial confirmations; or totally unconfirmed?  When you do an ATP on one item of the order, the system should automagically perform ATP on all items that are relevant for ATP.  The availability of the latest confirmed schedule determines the availability of all other items in the order.  If any item cannot be confirmed, then none of the items should confirm.

Best Regards,

DB49

susan_su2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Sorry if I did not explain clear in my earlier posts.  Let's use a simple example, there are two items in SO, first item atp check 100% pass,  and second item atp 100% failed.  What I expect is when first item was entered, confirmed qty equal to order qty.  But since 2nd item has 0 confirmed qty, when I save the order, confirmed qty for first item would become 0 too so that none of the item can be delivered.  And only both items pass atp check, delivery can be created.

However, what happens to me is for 1st item, confirmed qty is same as order qty, it is not affected by atp check of 2nd item so I can always create delivery for the 1st item.

Yes, for both items they are relevant for atp check.

Susan