Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to group outb positions for creating tasks

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is it possible to group positions of same material for warehouse task creation?

Example:

One pallet has qty of 55

My order in ERP has one position of 50 and additional one with 5 (free of charge) - in sum it's 55 and one pallet.

When creating tasks, system wants to create 2 positions, one for 50 and one for 5 (so 2 times "case pick").

In sum it would be one pallet with 55...

I tried creating delivery groups for those 2 positions - fine, but the task creating is still based on the 2 positions, not on the group.

Thanks for any idea

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You can try below options in EWM

1. 2 step Picking / wave

First step of wave(Release Withdrawal) will consolidate total quantity of material for picking and the second step will allocate to individual delivery.

2.RF Consolidated /Combined picking

EWM 9.4 have functionality to display consolidated quantity of material on RF picking screen as mentioned by Juergen.

Thanks,

Sharad

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

as discussed, there is no standard way to group this in one WT. But maybe this new feature in EWM 9.4 at least helps you with the picking process? Combined Picking - What's New in SAP Extended Warehouse Management 9.4 - SAP Library

Brgds

Juergen

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be available for all releases, not just for 9.4

Regards

S.E.

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

This is something i am working on. In most cases, different deliveries or orders for the same material is not needed. If that is the case, best way for group picking is to consolidate these items at ERP those contain same material , then create the delivery for one material = one item.

i.e. : 15 qty item1, 20 qty item2 = new delivery item1 35 qty.

Because, even if you group these items at EWM, you have to send confirmation to ERP based on delivery item. That's because in ERP, they are different deliveries with different reference documents. So at EWM after group picking, you have to confirm each delivery item after actual picking, which is i want to avoid.

Best regards

Serhan

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Serhan,

sorry for my very late answer.

You would group the positions already in ERP system.

Also possible (and at the end much easier due to the interface) from system side -> question is then: how to group in ERP?

We have 2 positions, 2 different position types (one normal position for 95 pcs, one for 5 free-of-charge), in sum 100 pcs, one pallet.

Any suggestins?

Thanks

Michael

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I just realized you said "free of charge" item in delivery. You cannot solve this with my previous suggestion. If you can use discount item(55 in price of 50), i suggest to do so.

What can you do now? You can create a wave for these delivery items, maybe. Then you can have one picking WT with a quantity of 55(which is in your case one position). But after picking, delivery distribution has to happen due to restrictions in ERP. This can be automated with some developments though.

Try customizing wave first, then you will have a point. Wave Management - SAP Library

Best regards

Serhan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"is it possible to group positions of same material for warehouse task creation?"

Not in any standard way. Although the request is understandable, that is simply not how it works.

Just imagine the situation: you now have a WT for 55 pcs but during picking you can only confirm 49 (whatever reason). Which of the warehouse request items shall now still have the status "open"?

Maybe the BAdI "Internal Warehouse Task Creation" can be used to build something around that, but I think there are a lot of implications to consider.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub