Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender RestAdapter with GET Operation, error while testing through Postman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in tight time lines we are prototyping one of the scenario

We want to configure REST Sender Adaptor in SAP PI 7.4 to call/consume Service Interface (Web service Proxy) from SAP ECC.

Please find the REST Communication Channel and suggest to resolve the issue at the earliest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dil

If your scenario is for UI5, it is User-Centric Consumption, why don't you go directly for exposing the ECC function with Gateway for consumption by UI5.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the idea, that is already working, however, as you know that is only for light weight applications not for the actual BIGGIES.

Any clue on the REST Adapter accessing SAP ECC Proxy web service?

So far, I have not seen any straight forward configuration blog. Certainly looking for one soon.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's one here for the REST adapter config.

It looks like the URL you are using to access the REST adapter is incorrect. It should be the following followed by whatever you define in the Endpoint field of the channel.

http://<host>:<port>/RESTAdapter/

Your endpoint does not have /API/V2.0 but the URL you are using in POSTMan to access the sender channel has. Hence the mismatch causes the 404 Not found error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your advise, I have been following lot of blogs, the only issue here is i am using the ID Communication Channel for not the iflow Integration.

However, after tweaking the required parameters now i am getting below exception:

http://host:Port/RESTAdapter/SalesOrderRequest

<td valign="top"><b> Details:</b></td>

<td valign="top"><PRE>WebApplicationException log ID is [<a href=/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~lv~client_ui/LVApp?conn=filter[Log_ID:C0000AC78D2ED36D0000000300006BFD]view[Default%20Trace%20(Java)]>C0000AC78D2ED36D0000000300006BFD</a>].</PRE></td>

</tr>

</table></font></p>

</body>

</html>

<p><font face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" size="3" color="#000000"><b>  Error: Application error occurred during the request processing.</b></font></p>

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if there is any error in PI, either the REST comm channel or the message monitor?