cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQ1/SMQ2 monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is a good way to monitor these queues, if something is getting stuck, processing for too long.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

Instead of monitoring SMQ1 and SMQ2, you can schedule a standard report which will automatically restarts all the failed messages.

Regards,

Ranjeeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

SMQ1 and SMQ2 are itself transaction codes just like typing SXMB_MONI when you want to monitor the messages going through ABAP layer of SAP XI.

I hope that helps!

John Ta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. I understand that these are just transcation code. These transaction codes displays the current status of the queue and sometimes something gets stuck in the queue and is not cleared. For example an RFC call was made and this call never completed. This sometimes hangs the queue, all further messages just sit in the queue and are never processed.

Is there a way to get an alert from this queue to find out if a message has been sitting there for too long like an hour or more. I am planning to write a RFC for checking this queue like every 30 min and see if there is anything stuck in there. Before I write out the RFC I want to find out if there is a standard alert that I can subscribe to which can tell me if there is anything pending in the queue which is older than 60 mins.

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Does this blog, <a href="/people/dmitry.govberg/blog/2007/02/12/informing-the-sender-about-bad-records">Informing the sender about bad records</a>, offer some insight?

Regards,

John Ta