cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EM design related event message validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EM Experts ,

We are designing a solution where we need to validate event message getting reported vs already reported message .

When EDI carrier posting POD event message then it needs to be validated with already reported departure event . I will need more events to be validate in the same way . Where should I write code (which BADI or preprocessing function module) to allow validation for different event .

where should I store failed message so that another program can pick up this failed event message and send it to the carrier on regular basis .

I am wondering how the error should be handled as we need to have mechanism in place so that failed event message should be sent back to the carrier without any manual intervention .

Thanks in advance ,

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh ,

all basic queries can be achieved thro standard EM functionalities . please check the sap provided rule set for further reference .

When EDI carrier posting POD event message then it needs to be validated with already reported departure event . I will need more events to be validate in the same way . Where should I write code (which BADI or preprocessing function module) to allow validation for different event . - Use EM standard rule set activity to enable the check when the event reported . simple and EM standard approach . 

where should I store failed message so that another program can pick up this failed event message and send it to the carrier on regular basis . define custom rule activity based on the requirement  to send the message notification to carrier

Cheers,

Sukumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As Sukumar and Arun mentioned, you can use standard ruleset activity to achieve check already reported event message.

However, you have to define, where you want to capture failed event message whether it is in SAP EM or Middleware tool. If you are looking for inside standard SAP EM then we have tcode /SAPTRX/ER_MS_LIST to check error message.

You have to define a multi task activity in custom activity to achieve, first check event is reported, Second check preceding event in error message, third derive which carrier needs to be triggered.

This requires little optimized functional design, but it is easily achievable through standard and custom options.

Regards

GGOPII

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

You can use the standard rule set method :IS_EVENT_REPORTED to check whether the event has been reported earlier or not.

It will return 0 if the event is already reported.