cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway service call not triggering DPC_EXT class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a gateway project and have implemented the DPC_ EXT method of getentityset. While testing in Gateway client I am getting status 200 for the service call [/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZTEST_SRV/EmpolyeeadressSet?$filter=Pernr eq'00000012'], but there is no data in results object. I have put external debugger for my user in the DPC_EXT ->EmployeeadressSet_getentityset method, but not getting triggered even as iam testing the service with my userid. (Gateway is implemented as Hub. Trusted RFC connection has login user configured. Was able to debug gateway services of standard fiori apps previously in the same way ).

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

brian_zhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

it could be also possible that the RFC points to the wrong client if you have multiple clients on your backend system.

SM59-->double click the RFC connection--> logon data

regards,

Yueqiang

Web
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Try running a trace on the call with trx: /IWFND/TRACES, you also might want to look at the two logs to see if you can see anything there,

1)  /IWFND/ERROR_LOG - SAP Gateway Error Log

2)  /IWFND/APPS_LOG - SAP Gateway Application Log Viewer

Let us know if you find anything.

Cheers,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

It might be either of the reason from the below, Please take time to validate all of it,

• Check the debugging user set properly, if yes, activate the complete class once again and log out from the session and login again
  • As you are trying to access single entry, check whether you have redefined GET_ENTITY method as well. If yes, keep a break-point in GET_ENTITY method and test

Cheers,

Sabari

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind,

Did you first try just passing EntitiySet as below ? Please check this.

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZTEST_SRV/EmpolyeeadressSet

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

yes, I tried. It is giving the same response

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why its not stopping.

Try activating the DPC_EXT class again and put a break point and check.

Hvshal4u
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cab you check in setting for which user the external break point in maintained.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your reply. I have put my user id for the external breakpoint. It is the same id I use for testing the service in gateway system.