cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grant privileges to HANA Result views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a result view based on a read only procedure via HANA Studio, it throws an error :

"The with result view statement is not permitted".

I can bypass that by creating the procedure from modeler, however, the problem arises if I try to assign in privileges to the result view (not the procedure). It seems I am not able to assign any  privileges to the result views being created from any account. Even executing a dynamic sql via definer rights in _SYS_REPO it throws me insufficient privileges error. The HANA developers guide mentions that :

Procedures and result views produced by procedures are not connected from the security perspective and therefore do not inherit privileges from each other. The security aspects of each object must be handled separately. For example, you must grant the SELECT privilege on a result view and EXECUTE privilege on a connected procedure.

How can we grant SELECT privileges on the result view ? I am on SPS09, Rev 97. Do I need to create a support ticket with SAP for this ?

Thanks,

Suvajit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if there is an alternate better way, but I figured one way to achieve this would be to :

To create a stored procedure via repository (say P1) that executes a dynamic sql to create procedure A with result view V. The stored procedure (P1) needs to be defined with SQL SECURITY DEFINER, and then we need to execute P1, which would create the result view V along with it's associated procedure A.

I wished we had an easier alternative then this.