cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get dynamic url value by rule in transaction add

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have an add screen set with a field with edit type--> HTML. I generate the url from an update rule whic return domainaaa.com where I display a link to domainbbb.com, after my navigation to domainbbb I press finish to save the value of this field. At this point I see a strange behavior:

expected value: domainbbb.com

real value: domainaaa.com

Is there a reason why I can not see the real value of this field like the other types?Is this static?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am not sure I understand what you are doing or expecting.  You said you set the value of the field to domainaaa.com via an update rule and then in your transaction you save the value and are getting domainaaa.com.  That is what I would expect to see. 

Are you saying that the page that domainaaa.com points to contains a link to domainbbb.com and the user then navigates to that page?

If so once the user starts navigating the HTML control doesn't store / update the field based on the last page the user was on.  The HTML control is essentially a web browser to let them go where you allow (or anywhere).  If you need to know where they went you may have to build an OpenUI control to provide a wrapper around an HTML control so you can have the transaction get the currently display hostname / url.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that the page that domainaaa.com points to contains a link to domainbbb.com and the user then navigates to that page?

Yes, exactly.

On the other hand, if I want to stay offline, can I use a local HTML page with CSS & JavaScript embedded ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Probably should indicate Agentry or Work Manager in subject.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding from documentation

Detail Screen Field Edit Types - Developer - SAP Library

• HTML:The HTML field edit type supports the formatted display of HTML markup text, or the display of a defined URL for internet navigation.

Did the HTML field at any point get defined with domainbbb.com.