cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support team determination based on multilevel categorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

I've configured BRFPlus to automatically determine support team based on multilevel categorization, but two questions remain unanswered:

1. I have 4 levels in my MLC. Is it only possible for BRF+ to determine the support team based on the 4th (latest) level?

2. This question is related to the action's processing time. SMRQ_STD_FIND_PARTNER_FDT comes, by default, with "Processing when saving document" selected. It works, but I'd like to get it to process once the 4th level (assuming the answer to my prior question is "yes") was selected in the dropdown menu. Is it possible?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Felipe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

For your 1st question: To determine the Support team only on your 4th level you can give the Decision table entry search based on String in the BRF+ rule settings. You can refer the screen shot below as an example. For this to work you have to maintain your category Ids in a certain format in your schema.

For your 2nd Question: Follow the suggestion given by Rishav and maintain it as1 Successful action in Action merging as shown in the screen shot below. If it is set so, the action will be repeated until the determination is successfully done based on level 4.

Regards,

Kathir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kathir!

Thanks for your message.

Regarding my first question, I believe maybe I wasn't so clear. I'm sorry.

What I meant was: can I configure BRF+ to determine the support team based on the 2nd level even if I have 4 levels?

Now on to the 2nd question, where can I find the configuration you've shown in your screenshot?

I've accessed where I thought this should be, but I don't have the last tab ("Action Merging"), as you can see:

Kind regards,

Felipe

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, can you try changing here to " Immediate processing" Instead processing after save.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rishav

Things are getting better around here.

I had tried using "Immediate processing" before, as you said, but BRF+ was set to determine the support team based on the 4th level only. So the rule was being processed after the user filled any subsequent field after choosing the 4th categorization level. In other words: even using "Immediate processing", the rule is not processed when you select the 4th level. For it to process, you must fill another field that makes the transaction "refresh" again. Since I have no other mandatory fields, there was no guarantee the user would see the field populate before saving the operation.

But.. Kathir answer made me see things from another perspective. Using the option "contains string" in my decision table instead of "is equal to", the rule is processing sooner - when the user selects the 3rd category. So this may have solved my problem.

But one question remains: why can't I see the tab "Action merging", shown in Kathir's screenshot?

I'm running SolMan 7.1 SP 14.

Hope I made myself clear.

Kind regards,

Felipe

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe

Once you had changes the setting in action definition it will take some time to reflect and as a result you had achieved that in combination with BRF plus changes.

However in action merging in the action description itself "Set highest number" then you will see Action merging tab.

Thanks

Rishav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe

Have you tried done by selecting the "Immediate processing" and then in properties you can have maximum time team determination. Increase the number there, I guess it should work.

thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishav,

Thanks for replying.

To keep the topic organized, I've answered you and Kathiravan on his question below, ok?

Kind regards,

Felipe