cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify standard web dynpro java but making a copy donot modify the original

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for the correct way to make a modification of an standard WDJ component of the SAP portal.

In my requirements I have one which says that the original one cannot be modified, it must be copied to a new one renamed and then work on this copy to make the modifications.

I'm using SAP Netweaver Developer Studio and have access to the source code through a Development Configuration. I was able to see the standard web dynpro in my Web Dynpro Explorer but then I don't know how to copy it to make modifications in the copy and not the original one.

When this is ready other problem will be to add this copy to the correct place and make reference in the SAP portal to the copy and not the original.

Any help is great!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Create a new DC. Open in Navigation view. Copy the original DC's 'src' folder into new DC. And make the changes to new DC.

regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried out what you indicate but i'm getting many problems.

The copy project can't be built because it generates many errors, so is it really enough to copy only the 'src' folder? Should I copy anything else?

In almost everywhere I look, it seems that all the modifications are made to the original, that no copy of the original is expected by SAP (this is what I understand taking a look at "NWDI Cookbook for XSS.pdf"). So, is it really correct (standard) to make a copy and work on the copy?

Thanks,

Gabriel.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Getting errors in this copy is common. Don't worry. Just do the following. First rebuild the project. Then repair the DC. Still if you have errors, just add the .jar files that are missing. Sometimes , you need add the java library(JRE) also.

Actually this is the standard recommended by SAP itself. You should do changes for copy only. After success only, you should replicate the changes to original one.

since you are creating new DC with different name, the changes not at all affect the original one.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva,

I'm a bit mess now

I have to make changes in the copy, and after that, when modification is OK, I should replicate it to the original?

The goal of this issue is to do not modify the original, just create a copy which works as expected and then set up the portal to use the copy instead of the original one. Is it not possible?

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

If it is a business package, then you can do the changes in the copy and replace the new DC's name with old one. But be careful. If it is any standard object, please check for any SAP note is available for such changes. Because such changes may affect so many places.

If there is not any such info. then the only way is <u> replicate it to the original </u> .

regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, many thanks.

So I understand that use the copy is at least as delicated as modify the original.

This way we don't have any reason to make a copy, we should modify the original directly.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Gabriel,

Before making any changes to the original one, <b>please have a backup of the original DC</b> so that you can revert back if any problem comes.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i also need similar problame, please help me where can i get sap standard webdynpro application source code, i need to copy in my NWS and modify that

please help me ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find any solution??

I'm looking to be able to see the source code of a Sap Web Dynpro, i mean a standard Web Dynpro.

How can i get this source code ?

Answers (0)