Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PldOrd conversion to PrcOrd

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

When trying to convert PldOrds to PrcOrds, we are facing this error.

720792 has two components insides its BOM, one of which is 410859, which has only 216+180 = 396 stocks currently, out of which it had reserved  216 for the PrcOrds.

Since there is no more stocks available for 410859, it’s not able to convert the PldOrds.... Is this hypothesis correct?

When we peep inside the PrcOrd though, we see an error message too here:

I have read the OSS Note 550441 - FAQ: Exception messages in material requirements planning which says the following:

6. Question: Why does the system not display exception message '40' (Coverage not provided by master plan) anymore since Release 4.6A? Answer: Exception message '40' resulted from the calculation of the ATP quantity in Transaction MD04.The calculation of this ATP quantity is not provided anymore in Transaction MD04 from Release 4.6 since it was not an "actual" ATP quantity as in Transaction CO09, but it was calculated according to a separate logic which did not take into account certain relevant parameters.Branching to the ATP quantities now leads to Transaction CO09 which considers all MRP elements, checking rule and scope of check.This instrument should be used now, here the previous exception message '40' is equivalent to a negative, cumulated ATP quantity.In Transaction MD04 exception messages '10' and '30' from the rescheduling check can also be used to determine receipt elements that are not covered.

But I am unable to understand its relevance and the resolution for our problem.

If somebody, who might have faced similar error message could share their experiences, would be grateful.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BL,

Looks like error is due to ATP group ZH not defined for your location product 410859/MX06.

Thanks, Nikhil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mariano and Rohit for your replies.

I tried to check the ATP check and RRP3 for the component material and also did a comparison with a similar component.

Both these components are similar, because they are being sold as finished goods to end customers on their own and planned in APO (with MRP type X0) as well as these have dependent demands coming from other finished goods, where they contribute as components.

Our example:

RRP3 -- Here only the PrcOrd is visible, the two PldOrds are not here, but there is an old PldOrd here

CO09

ATP of another similar material:

I am still puzzled.

Let me know what you guys think.

BL

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I would say that you are running an ATP in APO. The note that you mention is related to the MRP, not APO. I would check the situation in APO. Go to transaction /SAPAPO/RRP3 and check what is the situation in APO. By reviewing the code in APO you will have a better picture of what is happening. Kind Regards, Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

MD04 is not a correct transaction to check ATP result of reserved stock. Please check CO09 to check how much of stock is already reserved and how much is available. MD04 does not carry out ATP.

Regards,

Rohit