cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install PDK 6.0...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, currently I have PDK 6.0 that contains the epa file "com.sap.portal.pdk.PortalDevelopmentKit-2004-03-25.epa", I am wondering if there is a "How To Install PDK 6.0" guide anywhere?

I'm new here, so please advise on how to reward points after question is answered.

Thanks so much,

Baggett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bagett,

I'm not an expert on this matter. However, it might be a good idea to ask this question in portal development. Although, I know that PDK is coming as an eclipse plugin, this might help you a step further.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny, I'm definitely no expert either, I actually had the plugin already, and now I think I am going to use it in conjunction with eclipse. I will update you on any progress...

Thanks,

Baggett

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Import this .epa into Portal from System Admin Tab.

Refer this

/thread/71266 [original link is broken]

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett,

To install PDK you should have EP installed in your WAS.

If EP(Enterprise Portal) is installed and it is running, then through SDM tool you can deploy the PDK.

To run SDM the default location will be

<install drive>:
usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\RemoteGui.bat

It will open the Software Deployment Manager GUI Window.

Select SDM GUI and login , enter password and defult will be "sdm". after login select deployment tab and select the first icon i.e. Add SCA/DCA to Deployment List, it will open a pop-up window where you have to select the .sca file location for PDK software that you have., then select next button, then press start button to start deployment.

after complition of the process press confirm button and pdk will be deployed in the EP server.

After that you have to assign the Java Developer Role in the User Administration to the user and when you logged on as that user in the portal then you will have to access the PDK resources.

Thanks,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, great news!, I discovered I can actually reward you points, please tell me if you have been rewarded.

Also, I am currently trying to create my first iView JSP, if possible can you please take a look at Topic: 'Pls help! Questions on iView manual...'? It is on this current developer area.

Thank you again for your excellent and clear responses,

Baggett

Message was edited by: Baggett Soran

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am also trying to install it but am not sure what the SCA file install will be for the Enterprise Portal and where can I find it