cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio 1.6 – Change dynamically a dimension in Scorecard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I’m starting with DS 1.6 SP1 and I would like to use scorecard component to full fill one of my requirements.

My scenario, to be used with scorecard component, is one dimension against several measures to be displayed in multiple columns with multiple charts (including combination charts), but this dimension can be change dynamically with other possible dimensions.

With DS 1.5 I was able to develop this same scenario with several charts displayed against one dimension selected by the user, like:

Possible drill down:

Now in DS 1.6 SP1 I want to rebuild this scenario by using the scorecard component but, after some analysis, I’m not able to change one dimension dynamically by swapping a dimension with different one at the data source level, like:

DS_1.swapDimensions("0COMP_CODE__YGZONE", "0COMP_CODE__YGSUBZONE");

If I do this logic in DS 1.6 I get :

After reading:

Design Studio 1.6 - Advanced Selection in Scorecard

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-design-studio/blog/2015/12/18/design-studio-16--advance...

I’ve tried to change the “Advanced Row Scope Selection”:

By using a global variable instead of the dimension, like:

On startup of the app:

swap_dimension = “0COMP_CODE__YGSUBZONE”;

In “Advanced Row Scope Selection” I changed to:

{/swap_dimension : “*”}

Or

{swap_dimension : “*”}

Without sucess !!!

So, can you please suggest how can I dynamically change a dimension used in scorecard component?

Waiting by your soonest reply

Regards

Armando Santos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Armando,

currently it is not possible to change the row scope for a scorecard once it is defined. there are some reasons for that, mainly the point that all the other selections in scorecard can be influenced by such change. In cases if you would remove a dimension and it is still defined in selections, this would lead to incorrect data selections.

In your case it is possible that it would be compatible, as you want to just exchange the dimension.

For now, I can only offer you a solution you made with charts. create more scorecards, switch visibility based on the dimension which is selected for drilldown.

for your request, please open idea on this (ideas.sap.com) - this will be reviewed and evaluated.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol by your feedback.

I will definitely open idea on this topic (ideas.sap.com), but believe me that we really need this functionality to work well with SCORECARD (DS 1.6).

We have here several projects running on the same logic - one dimension and several measures for analysis – and the possibility to swap this dimension with other dimensions, and we need this component (SCORECARD) to be flexible enough to support this common requirement across areas.

We cannot create multiple scorecards charts and play with visibility because, in my case/project, we have now 21xdimensions that the user can drill at any time and we build this solution with DS 1.5 (standard charts) by only SWAPPING the dimension on the data source level.

In my opinion, we must have this functionality available in the new release of DS.

Best regards

Armando Santos