Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement validity in Shipment cost

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LE experts,

I have a question on shipment cost and freight PO. In customization we can see that there are 4 options.

Do not generate purchase order

A          Generate purchase order for validity period of 1 day

B          Generate purchase order for validity period of 1 week

C          Generate purchase order for validity period of 1 month

my question is, if I have maintained option A, so PO is created with delivery date as current date. Standard documentation says "The settlement date of the shipment cost item must fall within this period (Item detail: Settlement)" . So my question is, if I create a shipment cost document today and transfer the costs says 2 days later(so delivery date in freight PO will be two days advance), what will be the implications ? Does the validity period means we have to settle within the period ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I don't think there is no hard and fast rule that you have to transfer the cost in the mentioned duration. The settings totally decides what delivery date will be updated in the new PO or existing open PO.

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek

With my limited knowledge of LE

Generate PO option only talks about whether same PO can be referred again within defined validity period or not for shipment.Also refer SAP Notes 506605.

Not directly relates to settlement date, as I believe.

Please check Settlement Date in Item category and Dating rule, this has direct impact on settlement dates.

Regards,

Ajay