Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service can not be reached error while opening cProject

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When we try to open cProject through Project Management tab of PPM portal, we are getting following error:

Could you please suggest me the reason and a workaround to address this error.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

can you post the whole URL? Is the used iView in your portal a custom one or do you use the SAP delivered content? Is the system maintained in your iView? Do the system connection work inside your portal environment (e.g. connection to PPM in general). Is it possible to run other (WD) applications from your portal (successfully), e.g. ESS?

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Please see:

URL:

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I'm afraid the URL is still cut. In general the project is called via com.sap.pct.erp.common.lpd_start_wd_abap. This is an empty iView directing you to the launchpad-configuration. The launchpad-configuration can be found on your backend (ABAP Stack) by transaction LPD_CUST. Can you check your system connections?

Does it work with NWBC?

If it doesn't work with NWBC, than please check via SICF, if all services for project management are active/activated.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks again for helping me in this issue.

Actually, can you please tell me in LPD_CUST which settings I need to check because I can see a lot

of settings exist (I am not sure of which I need to check) Could you plese help me in this?

So far, I didn't try NWBC (its not configured) ,only browser is being used. So, could you please tell me what all services for project management I need to check in SICF?

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

did I get it right that you can open a specific project on your DEV-System by browser (URL favorite?) but not by your Enterprise Portal? The error page looks like a typical "service not activated" but it doesn't match to your other posts, as you should "general" or "dates and work" tabs of specific projects of your DEV system.

I was guessing that configuration of your system alias is perhaps wrong. In LPD_CUST (role: CPROJECTS, instance: OIF) you can see for example the system alias. Nevertheless the Enterprise Portal configuration for your system connections has to be set up correctly. When calling a WD/FPM application EP processes the iView  lpd_start_wd_abap pointing to the Launchpad Customizing (e.g. for correct configuration of your FPM Application).

no brainer: Please check if the service CPROJECTS_FPM is activated.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the help.

Though I did not touch and LPD_CUST setting but I am not getting this error now.

Seems our Basis/Security team has refreshed/restart any connection or settings.

Many thanks.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Answers (0)