Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WRKRDBDIRE Adjusting the Relational Database Name

rdiger_hckel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about this topic.

We have a tape library that is shared among some logical partitions.

The BRMS network feature is used to share the information about used and free tapes.

Recently I found in the backup joblog some messages like this:

SQ30061  Relational database AP0205 not found

I have concerns when changing the relational database name because I don't know what exactly is happening in the background.

Here is an extract of our system landscape:    ("System" is the name in the upper right corner when you log on with a green screen)

System      TCP/IP hostname      WRKRDBDIRE *LOCAL

===============================================

AP0101        ap400d                      AP400D

AP0205        ap400h                      B60A7A8D

AP0400        ap400c                      S65A7A8D

The SAP installation guides say that the local relational database name (RDB name) should be the same as the TCP/IP hostname.

Attached is the relevant chapter of this guide (please open the .xml document with Microsoft Word).

Q1: Should the result look like this?

System      TCP/IP hostname      WRKRDBDIRE *LOCAL

===============================================

AP0101        ap400d                      AP400D

AP0205        ap400h                      AP400H

AP0400        ap400c                      AP400C

Q2: Should SAP be stopped when changing the RDB name?

Can I use this command below or do I have to delete and then add an entry for the RDB name?

CHGRDBDIRE RMTLOCNAME(*LOCAL *IP) PORT(*DRDA)

RMTAUTMTH(*ENCRYPTED *ALWLOWER) DEV(*LOC) LCLLOCNAME(*LOC)

RMTNETID(*LOC) MODE(*NETATR) TNSPGM(*DRDA)

Or can I simply add some ALIAS names with ADDRDBDIRE?

Please take a short look at your own system environment - any advice is welcome.

Kind regards

Rüdiger Höckel

apetito AG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Mr Höckel,

SAP requires a proper RDB setup mainly for two cases:

1. When the database is stored in an independent ASP, there must be a matching RDB directory entry for the iASP device (see SAP Note 125662).
  2. When using Java with the "Native" JDBC driver, there must be a valid RDB directory entry for the local system (see SAP Note 654800).

In your case, the SAP setup appears to be correct as the RDB entries for the *LOCAL system seem to match the TCP/IP name of the server (not case-sensitive). The mismatch is between the SNA system name (shown in DSPNETA, configured in CHGNETA) and the other names. I am not familiar enough with the BRMS configuration to say for sure when BRMS is using the SNA names rather than the TCP/IP name.

The easiest solution for your issue could be to change the SNA host names through CHGNETA to AP400D, AP400H and AP400C. If you cannot change those host names, you should be able to work around that problem by adding RDB directory entries for the SNA host names that point to the TCP/IP names, such as ADDRDBDIRE RDB(AP0101) RMTLOCNAME(ap400d *IP).

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

rdiger_hckel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the recommendations.

I have deleted all entries except for the *LOCAL entry on each server,

then I added aliases with this command:

ADDRDBDIRE RDB(<SNA host name: DSPNETA>) RMTLOCNAME(<TCP/IP host name: CHGTCPDMN> *IP)

Kind regards

Rüdiger Höckel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

winfried_bayer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

for BRMS network you need first an entry in the RDB (wrkrdbdire) in every system. If there are differences between hostname and system name (dspneta) you can use an alias.

Then you've configure in the BRMS system policy the network group.

Additionaly it is recomanded that the systems have the same PTF level.

Kind regards,

Winfried Bayer