cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use HTTP instead of IDoc adapter to send Idoc Package from SAP to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the need to group together the IDocs that were released during the same RSEOUT00 into 1 XI message. I have been successful doing this with a ccBPM, but the performance is terrible and will never work with my requirement. I have read about using the XML File Port in combination with File Adapter to meet this need, but there are security requirements around this data and I would much rather prefer a solution that keeps the data in the communication layer.

Is this possible using an HTTP port and HTTP adapter in XI to receive the package? Customizing RSEOUT00 to accomplish this is no problem at all.

Thanks

Peter

(Ramji - here is the question)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Collecting inbound IDocs is a common requirement on projects, and XI is very limited in this area. I usually recommend IDocs on projects (when proxies aren't available) but because of this issue, I've switched to RFCs in many cases.

I have implemented this as a very streamlined BPM (which meets my customer's requirements) but the performance is still bad compared with other integration tools. XI should provide an IDoc sender communication channel with a setting that allows you to collect IDocs by number or time.

You could try to streamline your BPM (no mapping in BPM, etc). As of XI 7.0 SPS10, you can also change the transactional behavior in BPMs which improves performance:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/058023846b2460e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

If this still doesn't meet your requirements, your solution of sending XML over HTTP should work from an XI standpoint. XI can definitely receive XML over HTTP, so if you can send it from R/3 that way, XI can handle it.

You could also look at implementing using Proxies or RFCs which should get you the performance you need, but would likely require you to implement the features that IDocs provide (deltas, monitoring, etc).

Thanks,

J Wolff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi peter

see if u can store the idocs on a file server and use FTP u can extract those files and process. these set of config needs to be done in partner profie (not much sure)....and if u cutomise RSEOUT00 maybe u not looking into a bigger picture...whatif when SAP comes out with OSS ???? maybe u can clone this suting ur req