Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable item-id field under PPM item overview

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please tell me how to disable item-id field under PPM item overview tab as shown in screen shot below:

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

I assume you mean to make this a display only field?

Follow menu path as below:

Then choose object type RIH

The double click on 'UI Configuration" in the left hand dialog structure

Then change value for  'Read only" to 'True' and for 'Required' value as 'False' :

The result is that your number generation should still populate this value, but that it may not be manually input. You will have to test this and confirm

Regards

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I tworked . many thanks. Just a small correction:-> this field I set under " Check SAP field Configuration' and it worked.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saurabh,

Just be careful making the setting where you did as this is in the standard SAP delivery config and may be affected when you do upgrades in future. The node I specified is where you really should be doing your customising (and there are a few other examples like this throughout, e.g. the Global Settings provided vs. the override global settings options where changes should be made).

The system checks whether any custom changes have been made in these areas, and if no then reverts to the standard settings supplied. You have now updated the standard settings which is not ideal

Regards

C

Answers (0)