cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is a Solution connected to a project...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to SolMan, which also means I have a lot of unanswered questions.

As the question states, how is a Solution in SolMan exactly connected to a project?

Let me explain:

For testing, and getting a better understanding, I created a project (proj_test), a solution(sol_test) and a logical component (ztest). I have, in the "sol_test", assigned "ztest" to the solution and in the project "proj_test" did I assign "sol_test".

In my head, when I assign a specific solution within a project, in this case chose "sol_test" from the field Solution in "proj_test", an automatic process should happen. But this is not the case, or am I totally mistaken?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It acts like a hierarchy basically and you will decide based on the adaptability of your current environment or the business blueprint approach you will following.

Lets take an example:-

First of all as per the best practices, you will either create a master solution in solution manager for all of your landscape usage and you will incorporate all the details in that solution. Now for the enhancements and implementations or upgrades/Version releases (major or minor) you will utilize your master solution and documentation present in that. You might need to change the existing structure based on your implementation which you will consume in the maintenance project inherited from the solution.

The same thing you can perform via first creating a template project and then create a solution for the same.

Master solution will be used for the business process monitoring as well as it will be solution based and not project based.

While change management will be project based (as of now 7.1) however if you are following the hierarchy it can incorporate the solution also.

So it is the way you are architecture the blueprint based on your client scenario.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Rishav for the useful information. It already helped  me a great deal. 🙂

Kind regards,

Bao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bao,

Kindly read below whitepaper to understand the solution concept.

there are plenty of resource on the same topic but you can begin from above.

in addition, you can refer my article below to understand how you can transfer your entire project into solution post go live

Hope this helps further.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank you very much for the links. I just took a quick glance at the first paper, and it looks like something I can definitely use.

Regards,

Bao

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

very good.

please continue and let us know later with more specific doubt if you have.

all the best

thanks

Prakhar