Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

persist messages in PI_AAE

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Below is the persitance set in XPI Adapter : XI

which is 15 days and 3 days.. and my background job for DELETE is executing on daily once...

Which means I should be able to see my messages in message monitoring for 14/2 days...

But I am able to see only last 7 days of messages... Please clear me on this...

BR,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Are those messages are synchronous messages and you activated logging in ICO then these messages by default available only 7 days.

In case you have configured additional staging and logging steps as described in Note 1760915 message information will also be persisted in BC_MSG_LOG table. The number of entries directly correlates to the number of logging/staging steps you configured and the volume of messages for those interfaces. For asynchronous messages the logged or staged message versions will be deleted automatically when the message from BC_MSG table will be deleted. Synchronous messages are only logged in BC_MSG_LOG without a corresponding entry in BC_MSG table. Therefore these entries have their own retention period specified in parameter "messaging.log.retainTime" under service XPI Service: Messaging System. The value specified here is in days and by default these logged message versions are persisted for 7 days. The logged versions of synchronous messages will also be deleted by the standard PI message deletion job and no additional job has to be scheduled.

Regards,

Praveen.

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen.. I can see the messages long from 7 days are from Sync scenarios and not from async

BR,

Rashmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Is scenario specific message retention configured (in PIMON: Configuration and Administration > Adapter Engine > Message Retention)? If so, is it specific to particular scenarios or contains wildcard characters?

Regards,

Vadim

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not see Message Retention option here... Below are the options I can see here -

Message prioritisation

Security Data Archieve

Background processes

USD config

BR,

Rashmi

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rashmi, then probably your PI system is not on SP level that provides this functionality (see SAP Note 1960448). Or you may also check NWA: SOA > Monitoring > Message Retention (firstly it was available in NWA only, then was replicated to be accessible from PIMON, too). If you don't have scenario specific retention period configuration in neither of these locations, then please ignore my post above, this is irrelevant for your PI system.

Regards,

Vadim