Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map qualifiers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new in MDM and have (hopefully) a basic question:

I have issues in the import manager.

My target table is the table “Products” (source is an Excel file). I am facing issues to import the price data. The sub table price is a qualified look up table that looks like this (it’s just an example):

Lower Bound (integer – Non Qualifier - DF)

Price (integer – Qualifier - DF)

Year (text50 – Non Qualifier –DF)

UOM (text50 – Qualifier )

As soon as I map a Qualifier field (either Price or UOM) the import manager tells me:

“Map 'Price' field to import qualifier(s).”

I think he wants me to map the target field “Price <Year; Lower Bound>”

What I tried is to create a Partition of the source fields year and Lower Bound and map it to the target field “Price <Year; Lower Bound>”.

During the value mapping I can not choose the option “Add” it is grayed out. There is only “Map” and “Auto Map” available. But what I like is that these values will be created if they not yet exist…..So the only option I have is to map it to the existing <Null> value…

Can anyone help me? I am sure it is just a problem of understanding….

How does the process look like to map qualifiers?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to first map the display fields.

Once all the display fields are mapped, you have to do the value mapping for each of the mapped displayed fields.

Later you have to create a compound field. This compound field should be mapped to the Lookup Qualified Field.

Automapping is possible when the compound field is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To create the compound field, you have to choose both source display fields at the same time, right click -> create compound field

I hope this helps

Alejandro

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

sorry that I answer with nearly 2 days delay, but i had no chance to test all the different hints before. Finally I did it now and everything worked fine.

Thanks a lot. you solved my issue.

Greetings,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

1.First check what are the display fields for the Qualified table in question.

2.Check if all the Display Fields of the concerned Qualified table are mapped.

3.Check if Value mapping was performed for all the display fields which require field mapping.

4.Right click on the Source fields and create the Compound field for the Sales data if required.

5.Then map the Compound field to the Qualified Field.

6.Do the Auto mapping for the compound field.

7.Go to the import Status tab, you should not get the error now.

Arvind

Pls reward useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I have done all of the above steps... but the Create Compound Field tab is not getting activated. Have also checked if the destination fields are Display Fields..

Plz suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What about mapping i ncase of e-mail ,phone and fax fields in the standard business content. In this case the main table is the customer table and it has the e-mail/phone/fax field as a multi-valued qualified lookup.

The lookup table has the country field as a display -non qualifier and other fields like e-mail, address type ,home flag as the qualifiers.

The issue is that with only country as the non qual display field, the mapping is not possible. None of the other fields can act as non-qualifiers, as they are mainly flags.

Ideally, the e-mail address has to appear in the main table as a display field. If this field is created as a DF and qualifier, the compound field does not get created.

If it is created as a DF ,non qualifier, it is wrong, as each customer would have a different e-mai land we cannot upload lookup values for it.

What is the best way to tackle this issue ?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias/Almos,

Please refer to this documentation on importing qualified records. Let me know if you still encounter problems and I can provide more specific details.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/5024a59a-4276-2910-7580-f52eb... [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tim,

I read the mentioned How-To-Guide, but I would like to import from an Excel source file, so I couldn't solve the problem with this.

There are coloums in my source Excel file with Amount; Currency; Price Base Quantity; Price Base Quantity UOM. I parsed these fields to the relavant destination fields (like: Amount to Amount <Price Information> etc). But on the 'Import Status' tab the message stil come:

Action items: Map 'Price Information' field to import qualifier(s).

I tried to add Compound Field with right click, the Create Compound Field was active, but there was just one possibility: 'Contract Price', but this was inactive.

Thanks,

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure of the compound field everyone says to create. You need to create a field for all parts in the source file that contains the main qualified record to map.

ie for regional pricing import you have a qualified field for US, Europe, & Asia pricing. Under this main qualified record you have entries for currency and pricing. The source file needs to contain a column for currency, pricing, and whatever qualifier you wish to import to (US, Eur, Asia). In the import manager you can right click on the main qualifier field under the destination records. Select the option to update qualifiers. Remove all entries from the selection in here since they will actually be mapped through the main import manager process. Then select the options for New Records and Existing Records.

This is a real quick description. Let me know if you still need more info and I can probably get you a more detailed step by step process.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

unfortunately I couldn't create the main qualified record in the Import Manager. I tried right click on source hierarchy, but didn't find any usable (and active) possibility. How can I create this main qualified record? Could you write me please the step by step solution!

Thank you,

Álmos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Please tell us, how can you import price data to the Items!

Thanks,