cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Right now in sap portal UWL we have functionality where user can filter items for his substitute.

We are looking similar functionality SAP FIORI Unified Inbox . Can I enable this using any config or setting or should I go for a custom development?

if it is custom, is the code change only  UI side enough  or do I need to change in the oData as well?

Thanks

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Just to confirm ... are your users already using the Unified Inbox? Or are you currently using the UWL and looking to implement an alternative? 

Generally SAP is focussing on Fiori My Inbox - so while you are welcome to use the Unified Inbox I just want to make sure you are aware of your options and going into this with eyes wide open.

For example in Fiori My Inbox version 2.0 of this they now have the filtering on substitute feature you are looking for.

Important to be very clear here that although both Unified Inbox and Fiori My Inbox use the Task Processing services in  Gateway (also known as Task Gateway) the UI itself is quite different.

Also both offer configuration/extensibility options - the OData services are shared by both inboxes.

Hope that's helpful

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for your time replying in my question.

We are in testing stage and we wanted to filter the items based on Substituted users which is not dfault functionality in Unified Inbox hence we are looking for custom development and right now we are in testing the functionality and identifying the gaps.

Currently using UWL and looking for alternative such as one of the proposal Unified Inbox with this go live. Since the filtering based on Substituted user is not Unified Inbox   default  so that we had to put custom code.

Now the question came up can we use My Inbox which has this built in functionality or will go ahead with Unified Inbox and make the custom change....

If we wanted to make custom change, we were unable to import the code as I stated in thebeginning of the thread.

Go Live scheduled in next 3 months depends on how things goes.

Right now the

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any input on Unified Inbox question above?

Is Unified Inbox is a FIORI app or UI5 app?

Thanks

Krishna

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Unified Inbox is a sapui5 application as you can read in the following post:

There is another app called "My Inbox" that is a Fiori app that joins the functionality of the apps "Approve Requests" + "Unified Inbox". It has very similar functionality to the UWL app as you can check in this post:

Maybe pay a look at this app that may help in your implementation.

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

I am trying to import the unfied Inbox application from our Gateway server but it is not showing up in WebIde applications list to   import , even I tired to import manually usingreport /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD   but is not downloading any thing.

is sap allowing to downlaod this app ?

TGW_UNIF_INBOX

Thanks

Rama

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rama,

I don't have any ECC instance to test it, but I don't think it's prohibit to download the sapui5 app for Unified Inbox.

Try this technical name: /IWPGW/TGW_UNIF_INBOX

Also, I would check if the correct packages are installed in the system.

Remember that there is always a package for the odata services, and other for the BSP application.

The process to download the sapui5 app is the following:

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have tried using the same "/IWPGW/TGW_UNIF_INBOX"

I check via SE80 and the BSP application "TGW_UNIF_INBOX" exists.

is this some thing SAP discontinues cause Unified Inbox is become My Inbox .

Extending FiORI app , I am aware of it.

here the issue is I am not able to download the application it self.

Thanks

Rama