cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XiAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the below error in IDOC to SOAP scenario in Production system.

The interface is working fine for other messages.Please let me know the possible reasons for the below failures and how it can be resolved.

Thanks,

--Ramya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

I know this error and have faced it.

Its because the response message is not coming or coming in wrong format from the receiver system, in my case for a particular PO we were getting this error check your messages others are fine and only for a particular PO or particular data the response is not coming correct than consult the receiver developer or developer of RFC in receiver end for example.

He has to debug and see whats going wrong.

Regards

Vinay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Set TraceHTTP parameter then you can see the actual request and response then you can identify the problem. If you PI system support this. please check below blog.

After you get request and responses for your message you can de-activate the parameter.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

A soap:fault message usually comes when you send a value with a format wrong, it happened to me most of cases with dates or currencies. Also it can comes if you are not sending any particular tag or you are using a wrong namespace.

Do you have a wsdl or xsd to do your receiver external definition?, try to validate your mapped PI request against it.

Sometimes you will need to deal with SOAP:Fault messages, then you can use the parameter XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode: SOAP faults with "Do not use SOAP envelope" | SCN

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I am facing the above issue is for only two particular messages.For other messages it is working fine.I checked the successfully processed messages with the failed one's but could not find the reason for the failure.

Please let me know how to identify the cause for the failure and the resolution.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please check and let me know if there is any solution for the above error.Today again 20 idocs got failed with the same error.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check my reply below? did you set the parameter as i said in the below reply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Since the issue is with only few messages we cannot set the below parameter in Production .And also our version is sap PI 7.0.

And I tried to test the wsdl in the soap ui tool in Development system .But when I import the WSDL, it is showing only the response structure as request in the tool.Please note that scenario is from SAP IDOC to SOAP.

Is there any alternative way to find the root cause.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

In soap ui import the target web service wsdl(normally take the end point from the receiver soap channel from PI configuration and add ?wsdl at the end) and pass the request payload same as what PI is sending to web service (payload after the mapping) and then you will receive the response from web service and see what error it is throwing.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Please let me know how the target wsdl can be extracted.I tried downloading the wsdl from the ID and

ESR but when it is imported in Soap UI it is showing the target structure as request instead of the idoc.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

For example my target web service endpoint is http://www.webservicex.com/globalweather.asmx

which is configured in my soap receiver channel so if you add ?wsdl to the above endpoint you will get wsdl url for the web service, using http://www.webservicex.com/globalweather.asmx?wsdl this url you can import the wsdl in soap UI.

When you import the wsdl the request will be target structure so you need to get the payload for this from message monitor in PI after the mapping and give in request tab of soap ui and test the web service you will get the response in soap ui.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

I tried to import the wsdl with the above steps.But after giving the url with ?wsdl , the soap ui tool shows as "process definition loading" for more than 2 hours. WSDL is not being imported in the soap ui.

Please let me know any other alternative way to identify the root cause.

Thanks

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

Download the WSDL from the site and then try to import the WSDL file from local directory.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Did you import the target web service WSDL in the repository? if yes then you can use same WSDL in soap ui to test, import the WSDL in soap ui and give the request payload and test (make sure you take the payload after the mapping and use them as request payload in soap UI)

Regards,

Praveen.

AbdulHammed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya

I think you are getting incorrect value. you should try with an external tool like SOAPui to check what is the right payload.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

Check your Incoming IDOC Payload and test in mapping.

I guess something is wrong in the input payload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Tested the idoc payload both in Interface mapping and message mapping .It is working fine.

More over if it is mapping error it will be displayed in SXMB_MONI right?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

Yes,Correct.Thinking it was a single stack.

When the error occurs only for this message the cause could be because some invalid content in payload which is not accepted by WS.

Did you check using SOAP UI as Abdul Suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Please let me know how it can be checked in the soap UI tool.Since the issue is in production , we can't check in soap ui.

Please let me know how it can be analyzed .

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramya,

Take the payload and test in Quality/DEV box.

Refer the below link and check if it helps