cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product heirarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How product heirarchy can be created and ideally who should do it ? I mean does it fall under MM or it's the responsibility of SD consultant ?

Has anyone got documenattion on this ??

Regards,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after going through Logistics General -> Material master -> Settings for key fields -> Data relevant for sales and distribution -> Define product hierarchies.

when i am entering the material, system is only showing as level 1 & not after that.why level 2-3..etc are not coming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manoo,

In SAP prodcuct heirarchy is used for pricing. A product heirarchy is an alpha numeric character string which consists of 18 characters at the most. product heiracrchy thus define the product and its compositon.

for ex: 0001 0002 0003 0004 0005

The first 4 characters could indicate that the product is a car. The next 4 characters indicate the plant in which the car has been manufactured. The 3 rd set indicates the colour of the car. The 4 th set determines its engine capacity and so on. Thus the product heirarchy helps in defining the product comoposition.

Tcode OVSV and v/76

IMG- logistics- general-material master-settings for keyfields-data relevant to SD-define product heiracchy

You can get all the information from the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/77/1a39516e36d1118b3f0060b03ca329/frameset.htm

With regards

Rajesh

debbie_reed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Product hierarchy is set up in configuration under Logistics General -> Material master -> Settings for key fields -> Data relevant for sales and distribution -> Define product hierarchies.

At my last company this information was for sales so as the SD consultant I maintained the configuration.

Before you set this up you need to be sure you have all the levels defined and agreed upon by the organization for your hiearchy. We had 7 levels defined in our hiearchy. Then you must create each node individually. We also then created a self defined info structure that picked up each node and gave really cool reporting capabilities based on any aspect of the hierachy.

Good luck!!

Debbie