cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship-to-party deleted when modify in delivery document

0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts

I am facing one issue when I try to modify/update any partner function in delivery document.

Issue in Detail -

When I got to normal outbound delivery, goes to its header, partner tab and I double click on any changeable partner.

Address pop up opens and I modify any address line,

After modifying, I save the changes and come out of delivery.

when I again get into the delivery, partner address becomes blank in pop-up and whole address is gone.

Up on debugging, I came to know that SAP updates an empty address number for first time in address master table and creates a new custom address number for corresponding partner.

Thereafter addresses are updated correctly for the custom address number.

So in nut shell, system deletes the partner address when I modify address in delivery for first time, if I enter it manually in delivery document and recreates in delivery document only, it does not delete further.

I checked SAP note but all are outdated.

Please provide your feedback.

Regards

Neeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member276440
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi neerajkumar.jain2

Is this query got resolved? I'm facing the same issue, If you remember can you please share the solution.Thank you!

MarcoB.

former_member548927
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi neerajkumar.jain2

Is this query got resolved? I'm facing the same issue, If you remember can you please share the solution.Thank you!
Former Member
0 Kudos

Neeraj, first of all the subject of your thread should be partner address change issue at delivery order level for better understanding but still i think i've understood your query that whenever you're trying to change partner address in delivery order its becoming blank now here my question is are you doing this for existing outbound deliveries or creating new one to test this.

I've tested this by creating a new delivery order at header level here i've two partners as AG and WE, before doing PGI address details for WE has been changed and delivery order has been saved accordingly. When i went to VBPA Table here i've seen 2 ADRNR's against this delivery one for AG and other for WE now i passed WE-ADRNR to ADRC table and here system is reflecting the changes for address which i've made for the delivery. I'm wondering if for you KNA1-ADRNR is getting mapped over VBPA-ADRNR. Please check this and let me know what's the status in your case.

Try this BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE in order to change the address details and in case you need further help on this, feel free to ask. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I change the address for the first time, a temporary partner number is created starting with '9'. This is correct. On SAVE, this partner number is assigned in VBPA. The only problem is that, the ADRC contents are blank which means ADRC is updated with no address details. Ideally it should have captured the address details entered on the pop-up for address change. Therefore the next time I go to the delivery, the address details are blank. The address number is still the custom one(9XXXXXX) and not KNA1-ADRNR.

If I change the address now, (second time), the custom address(9XXXXXX) is updated correctly in ADRC as a result of which I see the updated partner address.

The issue is only when the partner address is changed for the first time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm unable to understand that why system is behaving like this in your case as the time you changed the address and saved the delivery order number, ADRNR gets updated in VBPA with 900000000X value and ADRDA indicator as E and if you'll search that 900000000X in ADRC table then system displays the changes that you've made earlier for address. If you're facing this issue on first time change, then what's the status if you do this same activity at sales order level? Try making changes against partner at sales order and see if it's getting updated at first instant or not? Any enhancement you're using at delivery level which is responsible for overwriting the values and setting them as blank? After checking this all, if still the issue persists then try to write a piece of code at include MV50AFZ1 and FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_LIKP and check the result. Please share your findings after trying this so that further suggestions can be provided. Thanks.