cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking a Production Order Until Quality Releases

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue where I need to send samples to my customer.  Is there a hold that I can put on the production order, so the parts cannot be used, until my samples have been processed and sent to the customer?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Please go with below process

1. Activate 04 Inspection type in Material Master of the QM view - MM01.

2. Create Inspection Plan with required MIC's - QP01.

3. Create Production/Process Order - CO01/COR1.

4. Do Goods Receipt for the Production Oder - MIGO/MB31

5. Inspection Lot will get generate with 04 Insp lot origin - QA32.

6. Do Result Recording in QA32/QE01

7. Carry out Usage Decision - QA32/QA11.

Now, You can send the Result Rerecording(RR) Results Report to your respective Customers.

Please check and come back.

Regards

Suresh.M

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate the inspection type 04 in material master of your product. When you complete production order when you do GR against production order stock will go to quality inspection and system will generate a inspection lot. Now you send the samples to customer and once the samples are processed then do the RR and UD for the inspection lot complete the stock posting from quality inspection to Unrestricted use stock.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Thank you for the response but I am looking for something to stop the GI of the product to another order.  I did think of the quality inspection but it would be too much to do a RR & UD for every container being produced.

I am thinking of a hold until my samples are sent to the customer, then there will be no need for a hold.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I think, you can put the GI specific material to 'Non-MRP Storage Location' till it's fully ready to be used. But sometimes, it will force the system to re-produce the same component material once again as it will still have the open requirements, which system may feel that requirement was not fulfilled.

The other option will be to create a new storage location [May be a logical storage location only in SAP], and push the GI specific material to this Sloc for temporary hold.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems more promising.  Is there a way to stop it from going into the segregated Sloc once samples have been delivered?

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your business process [As-Is]. There could be some work-around created from using this new SLOC form background posting. For more details you should work with ABAP team.

If you wish to use it form authorization prospective, you can create a role and assign it to a user who should do this transfer to this specific SLOC. For other transactions/user combination this role should block form using it. Even for this case too you should speak to Security consultant.