cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform my initial load?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We just completed our IdM 8.0, SP1 build.  We are now trying to begin our initial load.  Our strategy is to pull in all user information from Active Directory using LDAP into the Data Store (Identity Store 1).  Once loaded, then we would connect and load our HRM system attributes (Identity Store 2).   As a quality check, we will filter and synch data from both identity stores to ensure that updates are accurate and consistent.  Once this design is completed, we then want to connect our other premise systems, ECC, BI, APO, PI..etc.

I've been looking at the configuration guide for steps to complete the strategy we're trying to implement but to date, I've not been able to find the documentation we need.  If possible, does anyone have a process or step-by-step guide that can be followed for loading AD via LDAP and connecting HRM & other premise systems?

Any guidance that you can provide is deeply appreciated.  I'll continue to search the community forums also.

Regards,

RG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Presently I dont have access to SAP IDM 8.0 so I can not comments exactly how to achieve this in IDM 8.0 however i believe the process will be same in SAP IDM 8.0 and SAP IDM 7.2.

While running LDAP Initial load, you can apply filter in the Source tab of "Write Users" pass by modifying the existing query to write the specific set of users to Identity Store.

You can also modify the Destination tab of "Write Users" pass to read the only those set of data for which you trust the Active Directory data.

Once this is done then you can run HCM Initial Load. Please remember that HCM Initial load update the existing identity so you have to very careful while running this.

I will suggest to customize the Write HCM employee to SAP master pass so that it will not update those Identity Attributes for which you trust AD data and dont want any changes from HCM initial load.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

C Kumar