cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo 15.1 Logs location change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone i want to change the location of Pco logs which are under event viewer. By default it is in C drive but i want to change it to some other drive location. Please let me know if this is feasible and can be done. This is required to avoid memory leaks due to excessive logs data in c drive.

Event viewer screen shot

Path in c drive

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

You are referencing two types of logs so I will address each one separately.

1. Windows Event Logs. These are  managed by the OS. Depending on which version of Windows your are running PCo under, there are documented ways of moving the logs default folder location. Please research this on line. 

2. PCo Logs. These logs are only created when you modify PCo by installation or upgrade.  These logs by default go in a folder under the installation folder. You can only move these by moving the Installation as well. You can install PCo on any local drive on your server, you simply have to create the folder path manually and then enter that path into the installation folder location when you install/update. NOTE: If you plan to do this for an existing installation you must perform the following steps:

1. Export your configuration completely
  2. Uninstall PCo
  3. Install in the new drive\path
  4. Import your exported configuration.

Also note that the Configuration data for PCo 15.x is stored in the hidden ProgramData folder on C. I don't think there is a way to change this. However, these files do not change size unless you add/delete/modify Agent Source, Instance, or Destinations.

I strongly recommend that you test these things thoroughly on a development system to make sure there are no issues before modifying a production system.

Regards, Steve