Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a FO with following stages.

Stage1: A->B

Stage2: B->C

Stage3: C->B

Stage4: B->A

FO has unloading activity at location “B” on both stages 1 and 3, actual problem start here, when I report unloading begin/unloading end for location “B” of stage 1, apart from location “B” of stage 1 system is posting events on stage 3 - location “B”.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks in Advance,

Vishwa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel and Zenon,

Thanks for responding to the post.

Daniel:

I will test both the option you have mentioned and let you know the result.

regards,

Vishwa.

ZenonK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath.

I agree with Daniel "if you have several expected events with the same event code".

If you always have the scenario that only has 4 stages you might want to have a separate Event Code for each Unload, e.g. UNLOAD_SHIPPER,.  UNLOAD_HUB, UNLOAD_CUSTOMER.

However this become impractical if you have many unloads at 30 customer locations!

Regards.

Zenon.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have several expected events with the same event code and the same location ID you need add additional attributes to make the expected events unique inside one EH. You can use data code set and data ID for this purpose. You have the make the requires settings in the expected event profile. You have to remove the flags "Do Not Set" and "Do Not Check" which are in line with "Data Function" and "Check Data". In the expected event extractor you should then populate the two fields DATACS and DATAID with values that can be used to distinguish the expected events with same location and event code, e.g. the related Stop ID.

if you report these expected events from EM web UI or TM execution tab, it should already work. You will then have to solve the issue how the data code set and data id shall be populated for event messages coming from other sources. Maybe this can be done in pre-processing function.

Another possibility might be to use a check location function and implement some logic there to identify the correct expected event when processing an event message.

Best regards, Daniel