cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Hierarchy BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to migrate the data for Customer Hierarchy, and we have a lot of hierarchies to create, arround 15000. Actually we have a lsmw program with a recording that update the Customer Hierarchy on system. But this batch input it is very slowly, only load arround 400 records per hour. Our objetive is that the time load will be reduced the most possible. So, I am thinking in another possible different ways of loading. I have investigated the BAPI for creating CH (addhyerarchynode) by LSMW. The problem is that the object is not created on system. My question is: BAPI can reduce the time load??? BAPI update all the records or not all the records can be uploaded???

Any another faster solution for that??

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How to create the Business Object KNA1 in the LSMW associated to BAPI??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced the same issue for upload/change customer hierarchies in the system. There are limitations to upload/change customer hierachy as a batch job in 4.6 and lower versions of R/3. The BAPI which you are thinking to use is available only in higher versions (I think ECC 5.0 onwards).

BAPI will definitely be faster than BDC recording. Also you should be able to execute it on background. The BAPI you can try is 'BAPI_CUSTOMER_HIERARCHIE_INS' for creating new hierarchies.

Regards

Anil