cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a web service (wsdl) over VDS with the IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP IDM colleagues,

i've a great problem with my conntection from a web Service (wsdl) with the VDS.

I need the connection because i will send and receive user roles from the webservice.

My first question is, can the VDS connect to a web service without smpl?

I tried it with all connectors in the VDS but it doesn't work.

But i'm not sure if i connect it right.

My second question is, is it the right way?

Can i connect a web Service over VDS to IDM or must i go an other way?

I don't know what can i do to solve my Problem. In all documents which i found in the SAP-Portal i didn't found a answer.

I hope someone can help me with my problem.

Best regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have not done it yet using the VDS, but you can actually implement a web service call in javascript as well, the same way as you would do in Java and for that you find plenty examples online. There is only 2 basic differences:

• you import classes with importClass function, e.g. importClass(Packages.java.net.HttpUrlConnection);.
  • you must not declare variable types (e.g. instead of URL myURL = new URL(...); you use var myURL = new URL(...);.

Since you are reading multiple objects (roles) there is 2 ways to create them in IdM:

• In the same script that is also reading from the web service using internal function uIS_Create() and uIS_SetValue. This is definitely the easiest option and can be done in a process as well as in a job.
  • The better but more complicated option: You use a From Generic pass in a job. You call your web service in the "Open Data Source" script and put your web service result into a global variable (a variable that is declared outside the function in the script). In the "Next Data Entry" script you loop through the result to create the single DSEEntries (using internal function uNewEntry(<MSKEYVALUE>) which you can return in that script.
    But this I would only recommend if you are an experienced developer; And if you are an experienced developer, you could rather implement a java Class, either for the VDS, or for a From Custom pass, where you can also execute your own Java Class, returning DSEEntries.

Maybe somebody else has some experiences how to do that with the VDS, but if not this might help you.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Did you manage to find a solution for using WSDL with VDS or IdM directly?

I have a similar requirement to sync roles with another application via WSDL.

If you managed to find a solution, could you please advise the approach?

Thank you,

KV

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

You are able to call a WSDL Web Service directly inside a JavaScript.

Check this post for an example how to connect to a REST API.

Iff you have a Java Developer in your company, he will figure out.

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

how should the data flow look like?

Web Service -> VDS -> IdM, or the other way round?

Regards, Jannis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannis,

the data flow look like Web Service -> VDS->IDM and back.

Regards