Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Data export using IBP API

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to test data export using IBP API (getDataExport API which uses a RESTful web service).

I have checked official documentation and SCN post.

Before doing anything in SAP ECC, I want to test this API with a simple interface. To do so, I used SoapUI, but I can’t get it to work :

Steps I have done so far:

• In IBP:
    • I have assigned to my user a visibility filter for the planning area, with no filter rules defined.
    • I have a Key Figure “CONSENSUSDEMANDBASEQTY” defined @ PERPRODCUST (Keys are PERIODID, PRDID, CUSTID,

I am not sure which one is correct?

• I have specified my IBP credentials in the request properties :

• I have specified the request parameters :

• I submit this request with "POST" method, but I get the following error messages, according to the URL I use :
      1. "Error 404 - Not found"
      2. "Error 500 - Internal server error"

Can someone help me with this?

Do you know another simple method to test this API (outside ECC)?

Thanks,

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

It works now!

As Atul mentionned, the correct URL is the one ending with  /sap/sop/sopfnd/services/analytics/sopa.xsjs.

The correct way to configure the request is to use a plain text (bottom of the screenshot) and not parameters (top of the screenshot).

I hope this can help,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

I am trying on similar lines on 3.x version and getting "Error 500 - Internal server error"

Please guide.

Regards,

Aditya G

goyaldinesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Pierre,

I have tried API to download data as mentioned in thread, I followed all the steps. I am getting error saying "Failed to retrieve data", we are at 4.0.2.4. Any idea what could be the reason. I am able to view and change data in excel.There is no authorization error.

Regards,

Dinesh Goyal

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I think the issue is that you use Parameters in your request.

As mentionned above, you must only use text/plain to make it work.

Here is a complete screenshot of what I have done :

Hope this can help,

Pierre

goyaldinesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Pierre. I will try again and update you.

Regards,

Dinesh Goyal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

I am trying the same on SAP IBP 5.0 Cloud instance. I am 403 forbidden error. I am using SOAPUI as well, but getting 403 forbidden error. What kind of authentication did you use? See the snapshot of the SOAPUI setup, I am trying to use,

Can you please check the same from your end and let me know what I am trying wrong?

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

Here is the configuration I used for authorization, it seems to be the same as yours :

Have you assigned to your IBP user a visibility filter for the planning area, with no filter rules defined ?

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

Looks like the both the url used in post request are not correct.

Try url used with HCI for data export.

Thanks, Nikhil

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for your answer, but I don't understand what you mean by "url used with HCI for data export" ?

In HCI, you never specify any URL for IBP connection, the link between the 2 systems is configured by SAP in the background.

Thansk,

Pierre

0 Kudos

..../sap/sop/sopfnd/services/analytics/sopa.xsjs has worked for me. I have only tried it on a 4.x version. Not sure what release you are on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pierre,

While using HCI for data export for web service, the url generated is stored in the datastore definition.

You can check if its the same as used by request properties.

Thanks, Nikhil