Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After PPM upgrade to 6.1 the user fields are not aligned

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

With upgrade from SAP PPM 5.0 to PPM 6.1 we found that the user fields and standard fields that were left aligned in cProject (PPM version 5.0 ) are not centrally aligned and a few fields like 'status' has switched to the bottom of the screen (Screen shots are attached) .

Could you please let me know what went wrong and what can be done to fix it.

Thanks you very much !

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Yes - the standard setting is for fields to be right-aligned. You can switch this back as follows:

1 .Run SICF

2. Enter Service name : WD_GLOBAL_SETTING and execute

3. Then right click WD_GLOBAL_SETTING and test

4. Under the "Design" area  - change the labels to "Left Aligned" :

Regards

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

After changing the parameters the fields became left-aligned but the are not in a pattern . I want they all to have same beginning point from left side as shown below:

Please see the comparison of fields alignment between our test and development environment.

As we have upgraded only dev so far:

Please suggest how can I make these fields left aligned the way they are in test client.

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

did you really changed parameter to "left aligned" via WD_GLOBAL_SETTING. On your screenshots it looks like it stays "right aligned".

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes, I changed the parameters to left-aligned:

and I saw the difference too, fields are left aligned but they are not in the same pattern (like they all begin from a random space towards their left, s shown in my first screen shot for 'earlier' design)

Could you please suggest me how I can align them all the way they are shown in earlier design.

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

can you post a screenshot after you have set to "left-aligned". I can't image what you mean with "not in the same pattern". The first screenshot you posted with "earlier design" is in my opinon with lables "left aligned". So setting the application to "left-aligned" with e.g. WD_GLOBAL_SETTING should result in this "earlier" design.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yess.. It is working now

When I tried last time, it didn't work and today again I changed the way you suggested and it worked.

Thank you very much

Only thing remaining with the screen now is 'Status-change field' for which I have already created a separate thread. 

Best Regards

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

it is again a changed behavior of Netweaver 7.40. The standard behavior will be "right aligned" labels for WD/FPM applications. As Chatsworth said you can change this via WD-Application WD_GLOBAL_SETTING but be careful as it will affect all WD/FPM-Applications on your client!

If you want to change your project management application only, you have to maintain an application configuration (custom) for CPROJECTS_FPM.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hens,

That's really helpful.

Could you please explain me more on 2nd workaround : If you want to change your project management application only, you have to maintain an application configuration (custom) for CPROJECTS_FPM.

As, we would prefer to set the settings for explicitly cprojects first.

Please let me know how can I proceed with that.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

you have to create an application configuration for CPROJECTS_FPM.

There is an WD-Application for this called 'configure_application'. Within this application you have to choose the application "CPROJECTS_FPM" with configuration "CPROJECTS_FPM". You should "copy" this configuration to your Z/Y namespace.

With this application you can edit the configuration. The configuration looks like you did with WD_GLOBAL_SETTING. You have to set the design to "left align".

Afterwards you have also to assign this Z/Y-configuration to the launchpad (LPD_CUST).

For the entry CPROJECTS OIF you have to set the "configuration" for "CPROJECTS_FPM" to your Z/Y-variant.

br,

Peter