cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.01.05 Creating Default Activity When Checking Out Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to check out java files, and normally when I context click and select edit, I am prompted to choose an open activity. For the last couple of days, when I select edit an activity is automatically created that has <DEFAULT> added to the end. I then must move the file to the activity I would like the file in, and then delete the DEFAULT activity that has been created. I have found the solution for later versions of NWDS, but the method used has the user changing settings with in the window->preferences menu that do not exist in 7.01.05.

How the heck do I change this in the version I am using?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

As far as i have understood your problem, you want to move the files from the default activity created into your own activity.

This is possible

1. Open (expand) the default activity and select all the files under it.
  2. right click and look out for option that says "Move into Activity".
  3. Select your activity where you want to move the files.

Some ground ruled to remember:

• in "Open Activities" view of NWDS you can only see the open activities specific to the current logged in User. You cannot see open activities any other users (developers).
  • Open Activities are strictly associated with the local DTR workspace of the current logged in NWDI user.

I hope this gives you some direction to resolve your issues.

If you feel it wasn't helpful. I would suggest you attaching the screenshots of the problem. That will help in getting better grip of the issue your are facing

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor

there was a big architectural change between 70x and releases greater than 71x that also affects client applications like the nwds. I am not sure the setting you are looking for was available on 70x.

Best Regards

Ervin