cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery without an invoice (or with a pro-forma)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Please forgive my simplistic language but I'm still very green when it comes to SAP. I'll try to paint you the situation for which I'm in need of advice:

Company A which owns the stock at plant X wishes to deliver marketing samples to a subsidiary company B.

The cost is meant to sit at company A. Currently such orders are created via VA01 using ZMRK order type.

The problem is company B need not be invoiced so company A invoices itself which is also incorrect.

Is there a SAP transaction that would make it possible to create deliveries without generating an invoice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case company A & B are using the same company code, it could be intra-company STO, there will be no invoice. This is easy for your requirement.

Whereas, if they are using different company codes, you could just use a FOC order, in which the cost of material will be posted to profit center, and no invoice is required.

Order type and item category are the keys for billing-relevant. Select the correct process according to your actual demand.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood you correctly, the receiving company is a separate legal entity, so sales between the two them in general would not violate the local regulations. Of course, you cannot sell at unrealistically low prices and transferring of free products will be always checked carefully, but this a completely different problem.

Just because you create a billing document, this does not mean that you will create a customer open item.

You mention marketing samples. For sure the people in charge of the marketing campaign/promotions planning wish to track where the products went, how much they have spent on that initiative, etc.

This means that you probably have a WBS element to track each campaign/promotion. You can use discounts for billing and still achieve the required traceability with this WBS, the other company does not pay, this can go to a different account (FI department can tell you which one is appropriate).

In some countries you pay additional taxes for giving away products with 100% discount, so you need to agree with the other company who pays for that, it could be the sending or the receiving party, not a problem.

If the receiving party is not a separate legal entity, this would be just a stock transfer between plants, so you would not have even asked the question in the SD forum.

Edit:

To avoid potential misunderstanding - posting to a specific g/l account instead of generating a customer open item is not the same as invoicing yourself and, from what I know, is not illegal - check with your legal consultant and with the Finance department.

You would post in the same or in a similar way when you send samples to a non-affiliated company.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

What are company A and B in SAP? are these company codes?

When goods are sent from a plant of one company code to a plant of the another, then it is a sale and company code B must pay for the goods.

Please explain why it should not pay? And why invoice need not be sent to it?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your point that "company A invoices itself which is also incorrect." is not clear  - please provide more information in this regard. But to have delivery w/o invoice : you can search in the forum to identify ways to achieve.  Use the item category - that is "not relevant for billing". This would help you creating delivery with invoice to be generated.

Regards